• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Item on eBay

Here's a listing I came across while browsing for touch screens:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...SI_PR4_PCN_BIX

looks to be a good deal....computer and touchscreen for $150.00

Looks pretty big, but I guess you could pop the system into another case...Could be worth it just for the screen.
    "I'm a dick!"
    "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Screen is interesting. Going to be a serial interface which i tricky. Im thinking for a web browser in my bathroom =)
      Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS
        Here's a listing I came across while browsing for touch screens:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...SI_PR4_PCN_BIX

looks to be a good deal....computer and touchscreen for $150.00
        Yep, because Ebay auctions always end on the starting bid price.
        It has over 4 days to run.
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

and 100 of them available.

Originally posted by Rob Withey
          Yep, because Ebay auctions always end on the starting bid price.
          It has over 4 days to run.
          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chut
            and 100 of them available.
            Looks like 50 available now...Hmmm, I could have sworn there was 100 when I last checked it...
            "I'm a dick!"

Comment

read further down....

**This is the second offering of these computers, there are over 100 available, so email me if you need to outfit a fleet!!**

Originally posted by migel628
              Looks like 50 available now...Hmmm, I could have sworn there was 100 when I last checked it...

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chut
                read further down....

**This is the second offering of these computers, there are over 100 available, so email me if you need to outfit a fleet!!**
                I wasn't saying you were wrong. I thought they had changed it, oops
                "I'm a dick!"

Comment

Dosen't matter, I've been wrong almost as many times as I've been right!

But anyway, I think for 170. delivered this is a heck of a deal. You can get one setup in your ride for a minimum investment and decide later if you really want to persue this hobby. Power it with a 25.00 inverter and put an old 20 GB drive in there and maybe a GPS receiver.....

Originally posted by migel628
                  I wasn't saying you were wrong. I thought they had changed it, oops

Comment

it would be nice to know how bright it is....just says it was used in daylight in a car
                    PC Components:
                    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                    My work log

Comment

what do you guys think about putting something like this in a sandrail? Do you think it could all be made water tight?
                      C134, EPIA M10000, 512mb, M1-ATX, DWW-700H, Seagate 40GB, Panasonic DVD/CDRW
                      Alpine ERE-180 EQ

Comment

wtf? am i the ONLY one to buy one of these things? Im the only bidder...

This is SO going in my bathroom
                        Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

does the lcd uses the onboard vga or does it have its own vga controller card?

Comment

LCD info from the seller via email:

Samsung LTN104S2-L01 (800 x 600 LVDS)

Size: 10.4in, Resolution: SVGA, 800x600, Dimensions: 244 x 172 x 6.1, NITS: 230, Back Light: 1 CCFT, Battery Life: 20K, Colors: 6 bit/ 262K, Volts: 3.3V, Viewing angle: 50/50/60/60, Interface: 1ch LVDS 3 data 1 clk, Brightness: 230, Contrast: 300, Responce time: 30
                            "I'm a dick!"

Comment

it says how bright it is in the short description at the bottome of the auction

NITS: 230, so as bright as the Xenarc.

Comment

Working...
                              X