Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy a plexiglass case, prefabed for a fv24?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy a plexiglass case, prefabed for a fv24?

I am going to make two of these but would anyone be interested in one? should i plan on making more? cost will prob be: $60 shipped to any where in the US. The cost is mainly for the laybor. I will complete one and post pics, you will have to see the craftsmanship to appreciate the work.
    "A4 Quattro. Rocket Science."

Can I have it made to my specs?

TY
    2004 F350 Ext. Cab
    System not reinstalled in it yet

Comment

I might be interested

Is going to be a case that is big enough for a regular power supply or what?

I am thinking that i might want one if it will be sort of like zootjeff's case. My specs for my system will contain 1 3.5" 80gb harddrive, the fv24 and that is pretty much it. I don't think I want a full size plexi case because i dont have that much room behind the seat of my 92 ranger.

Comment

I'd buy one once I see some pics.

What size PSU could it hold?

How many drive bays?

birrman54

Comment

Ill try to have pics up tomorrow

Comment

Sorry the day has been rather crazy. I will atempt once more to get pictures up tomorrow.

I will mostlikely be able to make them to your specifications. I made a prototype for my system today.

Ill keep you updated.

Comment

Ok here we go. I made two identical cases out of smoked acrillic this morning. They are built with acrillic bonding that is actually stronger than the acrillic itself. In other-words the thing will shatter the sides before the corners come apart. I went full out and got the clear plexi hinge and the plexi clasp. The hole in the back is custom fit for a fv24 I/O shield. Shield not included. There is enough space to allow vertical adjustment according to you prefered Mobo spacing. The full dimentions are 20x20x9cm. I built one for myself and it fits an fv24, std. HD, Sproggy, & 2 fans just perfect. Get one now and make your system CUSTOM! Plus it is worth it for the laybor!

$40 shipped to the US

first two to email me at: [email protected] with comitment to buy get em.

I can also make one custom to your specs for $80 shipped

please email me with the size, smoked or clear, hinge, screw top, ect.

Comment

wow, nice work. Looks great.

I'd buy one, but I'm not sure a plexi case could handle summer weather near me.

birrman54

Comment

It should hold up to heat. This stuff is really strong, the glue actually works by melting the pieces together so the only think i think might happen is possibly warping of the box itself. But once you have your components installed, the thing with almost support itself. The way it is built also helps because the top has a 20cmX2.5cm piece that is glued down where the hinge is attached. Anyone had a problem with heat?

Comment

Oh forgot, just tried this and its really cool! I saw one box where he had lights inside, well with the smoked, if you have the lights off, the box just kinda looks iridesent black, but when the lights are on, you can see the stuff inside. I may have to rebuild my clear box and make a smoked one, or a inridesent blue one.

Comment

Think you could post one with the components installed to see what a finished product would look like?
                      Rav4MP3
                      BookPC - Celeron 500 - 128 MB - 10 GB - Pioneer Slot DVD
                      IRMan: 1 Pioneer Remote; 2 Credit Card Remotes - USB Keypad - RF Keyboard
                      5.8" LCD - 40 x 4 Backlit LCD Display
                      Running: WinME - Winamp Album List 1.36 Plugin - PCRemoteControl - PowerDVD 3.0

Comment

sure thing one completed system picture comming up!

Comment

Ok so here are the pictures of my system. It is the same box design, but with the clear acrillic. The corners are just for looks. Feel free to customize with a dremel for yourown unique look. I added two fan intakes and a "Radioactive" exhaust. Inside is a FV24, HD, and space where my sproggy will go as soon as i get it.

Comment

there it goes!

Comment

Working...
                            X