No announcement yet.

WTD: Rear axle seal......

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD: Rear axle seal......

Ok maybe one of you all in that sunnier country may be able to help me.

Trying to find a rear axel seal for a 'mazda bongo' which is believed to be the same as a seal on a ford ranger / mazda b2500.

UK suppliers are incompetant, or expensive (IE $90)

If any of you own such and tell me how big it is (dimensions) then no doubt I can take a trip down to local bearing suppliers and they will have a skf seal in that size.

I would pull it out throw it at them and say 'one of those please', but look a nob if they then said $5 sir be with you in a week.........

Or if you can get one/have one etc, I'm willing to pay costs+shipping.
    Lez, more widely known as flez1966

what year is your truck? 2 or 4 wheel drive? do you need the axle bearing, or just the seal?

Well we have now found a jap spares place on web, but its still about $40, beginning to wonder if this seal is special other than stopping your diff oil getting into your wheel hub! (as its currently doing)

Like I said we were told that a ford ranger seal should do the trick, and if its only a few $ its worth a try etc.

Spec is 2.5ltr turbo diesel on an auto box driving rear wheels (2wd)

that's fine, but I still need a model year to get you the right seal. the ranger/b-series pickups (and bronco II) used the same rear axle from 1983 to 1990. after that year range, there are variances based on year.

Sorry have no other info, so it looks like biting the bullet and paying the extra.