X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: My baby... 98 VW Passat 1.8T

Hi there...

time to let go of a family member, and find a new home for it. It
    s a 1998 VW Passat 1.8 Turbo GLS 5Speed wich just turned 125K miles yesterday. It's in excellent condition inside and out, I always kept maticulous care of it. Clean like new. I bought this car 03/13/05 with 87k miles on it, and used it to commute to work. the first 6 months i commuted 95 miles each way on the highway to work, so that's the reason it accumulated many miles. Always changed oil on time, with Mobil1 0-W40 synthetic oil, and the stock VW oil filter every 5k miles. Engine bay is clean, and grease free. interior is in like new condition, ven the trunk. I love this car, so i took care of it. Colors are: Royal green exterior, and Beige cloth interior. AC blows ice cold, Heat works too.

Mods are as follows.
    -APR engine chip (adds 50HP, to a total of 205HP/249TQ)
    -K&N drop in air filter
    -Engine covers painted red, makes for a nice sight.
    -Eiback Lowering Springs, with Bilstein Grooved shocks. (improoves handling greatly)
    -Brembo Crossdrilled Rotors all around with PBR/Axxis Deluxe pads and ATE racing Brake Fluid (Improoved the brakeing a lot)
    -18" Flik Lex gunmetal rims with Toyo Proxy 4 225/40/ZR18 tires (tires have about 45% thread left)
    -Tinted Taillights
    -Euro Projector headlights, with Sylvania Silverstar bulb (improoved visibility a lot, and looks nicer too)
    -Clear blacked out corner lights, and sidemarkers
    -Alpine CDA-9807 HEadunit stereo

Many more, that i can't remember right now.

Asking: $6,995. Mention that you are an MP3car.com member, and get $300 of instantly...

The asking price is not firm, i'm open to negotiations, although i think it's a good price considering all the work that went into this baby.

Any Q's: 914-479-8348

Very nice B5. I miss mine. Are you on Passatworld?

Comment

Bump for an overall great guy and seller. Sad to see you part with it BND..

I've both seen the car and ridden in it; it looks and runs awesome. Wish I could afford it I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Postman Very nice B5. I miss mine. Are you on Passatworld?
        Yes, i'm on Passatworld, and i posted it there too. My nick over there is BoyNextDoor too... as it is on [H], Anand, Mp3car, Scionlife, Yoursciontc, acuraforums, and a few others that i don't remember now

Thanks for the kind words Tj. Can't wait to get a new car... Seems like ppl are rather interested in parts... Partout seems to be my option, since there is not too much interest in it in a modded state...

Comment

craigslist ?
          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

already on there... ppl tell me to put it on ebay, but i don't have the money to post it there...

Comment

best option is to part it out and trade it in.

Comment

Wow, I never thought you would get rid of it sooooo soon. What are you looking at to get now?

Bumps for a cool guy/seller/trader/buyer/etc....!

Peace,

Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

i'm looking at the Scion tC. I pretty much have my mind set, b/c it's a cheap reliable car, and that i could afford new

So soon is a relative thing. i bought it with 87k, and a yeatr and a half later i have 125k. So it did it's duty under my a55...

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNextDoor
                    i'm looking at the Scion tC. I pretty much have my mind set, b/c it's a cheap reliable car, and that i could afford new

So soon is a relative thing. i bought it with 87k, and a yeatr and a half later i have 125k. So it did it's duty under my a55...
                    Dude, the TC is a great car, but I hope ur gonna do some performance mods to it... ur gonna be VERY dissapointed with performance, if not....

Peace,

Rafster
                    Post # 3000

Comment

haha... no, actually these days i drive like a garnpa... i don't need the speed for the 5 minute commute i have... lol... i like the tC.

Seems like my car is gonna be parted out. almost everything has been spoken for, so let's hope i can make this happen sometime soon...

Comment

nice car, i got a b5.5 myself.
                        Supra Turbo - Carputer install
                        Lexus Sc400
                        Passat B5.5

Comment

Working...
                        X