WTB: 12V Regulator for LCD (at least)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 12V Regulator for LCD (at least)

I need a 12V regulated supply for my LCD. I already have something that should suffice for the laptop. Or if someone has a used supply they want to let go of that has a built-in startup shutdown controller, that will do as well. Don't need more than 60ish watts. Want to keep this under 50 or so... (I know the new ones are around 70). thanks

you mean a cigarette lighter adaptor for whatever? Those will have the 13.8 to 12 that you need.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

well i heard that you shouldnt connect the lcd directly the cig lighter because of power spikes during cranking

Comment

No, I mean didn't your lcd come with a cigarette lighter adaptor? That takes the 13.8 and makes it good 12v. You can run it direct from your battery, but like you said, not recommended. Makes the screen brighter though!
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

yea i would prefer not to risk it so i want a regulated supply

Comment

Ok. What type of screen do you have...

Did it come with a cigarette lighter adaptor?

Comment

If it did, then that adaptor takes car of the unregulated voltage. Probably in a little buldge somewhere on the wire, or a bigger plug area, or a little box half-way inbetween. It probably has an inductor and other various things to keep good voltage.

Comment

ohh ok. thanks. i havent bought the lcd yet, i knew they came with some sort of regulator, but i was under the impression that those suck....

Comment

Ok. Well there ya go. The bad thing to do is chop off the plug after the regulator part. Then you will just have BARE WIRE ==> ADAPTOR TO SCREEN instead of BARE WIRE ==> VOLTAGE REGULATOR ==> ADAPTOR TO SCREEN

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X