No announcement yet.

1998 Volkswagen Passat 1.8 Turbo 5speed - $5495

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Volkswagen Passat 1.8 Turbo 5speed - $5495

Hi there. Thank you for looking at my car, and taking it into consideration for your new car.

Up for your viewing pleasure is my beloved family member, the 1998 Volkswagen Passat, one of Germanies finest engineered vechicles, with the 1.8 Liter Turbocharged Engine and a 5 speed manual transmission.

Well, lets cut to the chase. Right at this moment the car has ~128,000 miles and i say approximately b/c i still commute with it, but nowadys it's only 4.5 miles to my job. As you can see on the pictures, i babied this car. It only got the best oils and best supplikes. Oil was changed every 5,000 Miles with synthetic Mobil 1 0-W40, and the factory revised Mahle Oil filters. Every Maintenance schedule has been kept. Timing Belt was replaced @ 80,000 miles.

Upgrades to the car as follows:

Upgraded Brakes
    Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors
    PBR/Axxis Deluxe Kevlatr Brakepads
    ATE Racing Brake Fluid

I guess i don't have to explain that the brakeas are fenomenal. I have to watch traffic behind me, instead of in front of me when i bake, b/c they are too fast gripping for avarage traffic/brakes oin an avarage car. I had people call the gbrakes sick, andwanting to upgrade their brakes.

Suspension Upgrades:

Eibach Pro Lowering springs (1.5" lower than stock)
    Bilstein Grooved Adjustable shocks

The lowered suspension not only makes the ride look more sporty, and classy, but it greatly affects drivability, and road stability. Cornering is fun now

Engine Upgrades:

K&N Drop in Air Filter
    APR 3 Program Performace Chip (stock program / 91-93 Octane / 100 Octane)
    Red silicone Upgraded Vacuum Hoses
    TT Diverter Valve

The 1.8L Turbocharged engine comes witn 150 Horsepower stock, and the APR program with upgraded parts allows for 205 Horses to be let loose, and 247 lb torque. the system is currently pushing around 11-12 PSI's of boost due to the hot weather, but in cool weather i've seen it push 15-17 PSI's. I have a VDO Boost gauge installed on the steering column to monitor the boost levels.

18" Flik Lex wheels
    Toyo Proxy 4 225/40/ZR18 tires

No need to explain. The wheels make the car look stealthy, and that's the mod that got the most attention on the car on VW meets. The tires are obviously one of the best performance tires on the market. The tread is about 75-80% on 3 of the wheels, and 98% on one of the wheels

Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA headunit wich is XM sattelite ready.
    VDO boost gauge that is installed on the steering column for best visibility, and also matching bagreound color for blue cluster

Two front wheel bearings need replacement. I have the part, but never got around to have them installed. The Bearings will be included in the purchase. I was Quoted ~$270 for labor
    The Driver side mirror is busted. Someone decided that he doesn't like it, so they went at it... That needs replacement.

And thats it No more problems with this car
    My experience with this car was more than pleasant, and satisfying. I loved every single moment of ownership. I had virtually no ptroblems with it, and only had to perform routine maintenance...
    Only reason I'm selling this car is that i'm not into the scene anymore. I got married, and have settled, also I rarely attend any car meets now-adays. I'm looking to buy a more compfortable (read bigger) car.

I'm asking $5,495, wich is a bargain considering the cars actual condidion (I'd call it like-new), and the ammount of love invested in upgrades and religious maintenance. BTW: I'll guarantee you that this is the cleanest 98 Passat you've seen around here... Feel free to come, and take a look at it

Interested poarties can contact me via email or phone to arrange a meet to see the car.

[email protected]

914-479-8348, and my name is Attila.

I have about 70 pictures taken of every aspect of the car, and hey are availible upon request.

Thank you for looking at my car, and I hope you found what you were looking for in My car. If not, good luck hunting on.

As the owner of a 2001 B5 'sat, this is a nice car.

I saw it on PW, sad to see you go.
    Whoever gets this is getting a good deal on this car.

Bump for a great sellr/trader/buyer/friend/etc....

Post # 3000

Nice... I just picked up a 2002 Passat GLX and I just joined up at PW...
          The end of the Internet offically begins here...

unlike all you other guy's I'VE ACTUALLY BEEN IN THAT CAR. fun ride. Its a good deal. Some one get it! lol

And buy BND's and my stuff too!!!
            Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
            Genesis has speed
            Genesis has class
            Genesis sent money
            before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

G/L w/ the sale Atilla. Ive been in the car to fun lil car handles and drives great.

Damn...getting rid of her? Two thumbs up for BND.
                My 2000 Accord Project

Originally posted by DK888 View Post
                  Damn...getting rid of her? Two thumbs up for BND.
                  Yeah Sadly I have to. My wife's car s faling apart, so i need to downgrade my ride, and upgrade hers...

i would love to buy this Vag, but i need to pay off me jetta first, i will ask my brother he has 5 grand saved

R. T. F. M

LMK. I have a few people interested and nibbling, so LMK. I'd rather sell it to a good new home, where she would get the same attention she got from me...

UPDATE>> NOW $4995

Originally posted by Rafster View Post
                          Bump for a great sellr/trader/buyer/friend/etc....

Post # 3000

SOLD!!! Thank God! 06 Honda CR-V here we come... (new wife car)

Originally posted by BoyNextDoor View Post
                              SOLD!!! Thank God! 06 Honda CR-V here we come... (new wife car)

Screw the CRV and get an Element!!!

Post # 3000