WTB - Low end Car PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Low end Car PC

Hey, I'm looking to get a car pc, but I don't need anything elaborate, i'm just wanting it to run windows XP and play some music and videos.
    • 256mb ram would probably be fine but 512mb is better
    • prefer a 100w or more power supply w/ startup shutdown controller (m2-ATX)
    • no pre-installed OS is necessary
    • Processer doesn't really matter either.... just need a good deal

Let me know if you have a used one for cheap, thanks.

As well, the hard drive size doesn't matter too much either, as long as it is 10 gigs or more, and is a 2.5"

Comment

Check out my thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88807

It's for a via EPIA 800mhz 256mb ram, 3GB HD (Just used for xp and iguidance). Make me an offer..

Comment

really would like a bigger HD, one that'll hold all my songs and such. Which is why i was thinking 10gb at least.

Thanks anyway though

Comment

Originally posted by Yateball View Post
          really would like a bigger HD, one that'll hold all my songs and such. Which is why i was thinking 10gb at least.

Thanks anyway though
          Look at my thread
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88105

Comment

Originally posted by Yateball View Post

Thanks anyway though
            I have a 12GB notebook drive I can throw in, the case can hold 2 notebook hard drives. Let me know, thanks.

Comment

Looks pretty good except i dont need anything quite that good, i'm looking to spend less than 500 for sure. Thanks

Comment

check this out...$75shipped

Hi, first off I've dealt with many people on this board
                Do a search with my name and you can see my OLD thread
                and what they said about me

Here I have for sale is a complete CARPC that I've used on my brother's car
                Its a COMPAQ Desktop PRO EN. With a P3 CPU 750mhz (upgradable to 1ghz)
                128 Pc-133 SDRAM (upgradable to 768mb) with a 10gb HD and a pretty SLOW CDROM (good enough to play Music and install software) but i'd suggest you to upgrade it with a DVD rom

The board features onboard video/sound/lan, with 2 USB port, serial port, vga port and 2 empty PCI slot.

This machine is not the fastest but it will be good enough for most carpc application. If you want more speed, upgrade can also be done very easily.

Feel free to ask any questions. Here're some pictures. I accept paypal, money order only. Thanks!

Comment

Slightly TOO low end. I'm looking for something that's going to run Windows XP and Microsoft Streets and Trips with no problems or slowdowns, but don't need anything beyond that.

Still looking if anyone has anything else.

Comment

http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89083
                    Check it out. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X