WTB: Roof mount touchscreen monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Roof mount touchscreen monitor

Greetings all! Here are two versions of my wish list. The first is what I really want but don't think I'll be able to find for QUITE some time, and the second is what I am hoping to find in the real world.

TRUELY WANT: (Ultimate monitor!)
    - Roofmount LCD touchscreen monitor
    - Alpine compatible (like the Alpine touchscreens that can control the HU)
    - 1 VGA input
    - 2 Composite inputs - 1 controlled by placing vehicle into reverse for a reverse camera.
    - SMALL digital clock on the front (preferably blue in colour)
    - Able to mount in a space 9.5" wide.
    - vehicle controlled overhead lights with theater lighting capability.
    - Motorized deploy/retract functionality.

REAL WORLD HOPES: (Minimum requirements)
    - Roofmount LCD touchscreen monitor
    - 1 VGA input
    - 2 Composite inputs - 1 controlled by placing vehicle into reverse for a reverse camera.
    - Able to mount in a space 9.5" wide.
    - vehicle controlled overhead lights with theater lighting capability.

I realize that the alpine control will only be found in Alpine released monitors, but it doesn't look like they will be making one with a VGA touchscreen capability for some time now. The most important features are the size, roofmount with touchscreen, and the 2 composite inputs.

ANY help with this eish would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Check out today's Woot?

Comment

Originally posted by csnv View Post
      Check out today's Woot?
      Talk about God sent!
      Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Checked it out - while that is a nice unit, it isn't what I need.

Thanks anyway - I'll definately keep checking that site daily.

Comment

If you can go 11" wide, I have a new unit I just built ready to ship.
          High bright upgrade, usb touch screen, 1 vga and 2 rca inputs. also has remote and dome lights. No clock.

Comment

Only thing is the location that I will be mounting this unit is 9.5" wide - I *MAY* can squeeze 10, but that would be pushing it!

Definately sounds like we are on the right track though!!!

THANKS!

Comment

Since you build 11" units, what would it take to build a 9.5" unit?

Comment

I can build you a smaller unit, but obviously screen size wold be smaller too.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                  I can build you a smaller unit, but obviously screen size wold be smaller too.
                  That would be MOST excellent! I'm expecting due to the size requirements that I need I'm expecting the screen size would probably be around 8" which should be fine.

What kind of cost am I looking at for this and which of the requested features above would it have?

MANY THANKS!

Comment

OOOOOO!!! I think Alpine is about to release something close to what I'm looking for - TME-M740BT

It states VGA input, but doesn't go into detail and I can't find the users manual anywhere... Anyone got more info on these?

Comment

Working...
                    X