Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete CAR PC... EVERYTHING INCLUDED. 1000 Firm, no part out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete CAR PC... EVERYTHING INCLUDED. 1000 Firm, no part out.

Hi guys. I've got a toyota mr2 that I was trying to put a carpc into. I got all the parts. Got it mostly installed. Had a baby and need money now. I'm selling this setup whole, or not at all. I will not take less than 1000+shipping. For less than that, I'll just keep it.

The setup specs are:
    2.4 ghz pentium 4, not mobile, full chip
    512mb pc333 ram
    128 mb radeon 9250 (I think, it might be a 9200, i'm at work right now, can't check)
    60gb sata laptop 2.5" drive
    DSATX Power supply

This thing is pretty badass. For kicks, i installed unreal 2004 on it, and it ran it at full resolution very smoothly. This system isn't some base model via epia with some cheap 1 ghz chip. It's powerful, runs visualizations, dvds, and emulators with ease. It does exactly what it was built for, and it does it well.

The computer is currently half installed in my car. It's been used for testing during installation, but never actually used in a day to day environment. It makes me sad to sell it, but that's life.

Entire package includes:

2.4 ghz pentium 4 chip
    ASUS P4V8X-MX Socket 478 VIA P4M800 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 333 (PC 2700)
    Thermaltake P4 SPARK7+ 70mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail
    DSATX Power Supply and auto-turn on cable
    128 MB Radeon 9250 video card
    SAMSUNG SpinPoint M40 Series HM060II 60GB 5400 RPM Serial ATA150 Notebook Hard Drive

2 Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA's
    One 9 pin model and one 10 pin model.
    I bought the 9 pin first, before finding out it has no auto-turn on built in. I accidentally cracked the touchscreen part of the monitor. I replaced that (50 via digitalww), then when installing it the second time, realized there was no auto-on feature.
    The 2nd one is a 10 pin. It has auto-turn on feature, which I Currently have enabled. This one also has little connectors for the wires between the screen and the circuit board, instead of the wires being soldered. Makes it easier to work with i think.
    ---both screens have been removed from their cases, and the case and speakers have been discarded. These cases can be had for cheap on the board, if that's an issue to you.

Other goodies include a copy of navigation software and a ***BU-353*** (new in box, never even hooked up... navigation was the last of my worries)

Hard drive has been tested with windows xp professional and works perfectly. At the advice of the admins here... this particularly copy of windows will be removed from the hard drive prior to sale.

I can throw in a power/ground distribution block for an extra 50 dollars. It takes wire, up to 0 gauge, and splits it 4 ways, each split up to 4 gauge wire, and with in-line fuses for each split.

I have pictures of the setup at home, and actual video of the system working in my living room before I got it to the car. It works just fine in the car, I just haven't had the chance to take new video.

Other software includes roadrunner with CF skin installed for 800x600 resolution, a bunch of music videos to test the video formats, a few mp3's to test the audio (Which was never hooked up, but the visualiations look GREAT), a n64 emulator, embedded into the appz screen, with a few games.

If you have any questions, please ask. There is no case included. This was installed into the floor of a storage compartment behind the seat of my mr2, and when finished, would have looked great with a few LED fans and some plexiglass etching.

Any other questions, please ask... but I will not part this out, or sell it for less than 1000. If I can't get 1000 for it, I'll just keep it, and I can't keep it if I part a bunch of stuff out.

Thanks,
    -dan

Email: WoLLy2Kone (at) gmail (dot) com
    Aim: WoLLy2k1

using a key gen for xp is a no no. selling your system with a bootleg os is not allowed here. edit your post or it will get deleted.

Comment

Another interesting unit
      EMail me some pics Shaneyost at gmail

Comment

thanks for the tips. Post Edited.

Comment

I can't imagine I would. It's got a CPU fan that keeps the chip at like 38c under load. The thing's a beast. I actually saw how well it worked and went out and bought my desktop PC the same fan. I now run a 2.8 ghz p4 at 3.5 ghz stable in my desktop with that fan. Idles at 58c.

Finding my pics now.

Comment

I forgot, this also comes with a DVD Rom/CDRW 48/48/16 pulled from a sony laptop with a broken screen.

Comment

Comment

if you end up parting. i will be interested in teh Lill... 10pin.. thnx..

Comment

Won't happen, but thx.

Comment

Still for sale.

Comment

I honestly believe you would have more luck with a parted out system.

Those lilliputs would go fast. The GPS receiver too.

The actual PC you should probably keep together, but I suggest a new thread without the "no parting out" in the title!

Things just get sold faster that way.

my $0.02CDN
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                        I honestly believe you would have more luck with a parted out system.

Those lilliputs would go fast. The GPS receiver too.

The actual PC you should probably keep together, but I suggest a new thread without the "no parting out" in the title!

Things just get sold faster that way.

my $0.02CDN
                        I second this. I have tried to buy stuff from other sellers myself and have found out that the ones that part the system end up selling everything.

To put it in perspective, not everyone wants the exact hardware you have put together, but you can be damn sure some people want some parts.
                        Who knows, you may end up getting more that the "firm" $1000.

My 2cents too....make it 4 cents total?

Comment

It basically comes down to...

1. I don't want to sell it
                          2. I don't like selling things in general
                          3. If i do sell it, I want it to go quickly and easily to one buyer
                          4. I will be just fine if I don't sell it
                          5. If I part half of it, I'm stuck with half a carpc I can't use, and 500 dollars less than I wanted.

I'm selling this as a complete solution. If you're a serious buyer, I will do absolutely everything in my power to help you out and make the sale easy and satisfying for you. If you want to come into my thread and tell me how to sell my stuff, that's cool too... but I'm going to do it my way.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

Comment

maybe just 1 screen seperately. Since you don't use the not auto-on one, what would be the harm?

Your option though.

Good Luck
                            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                            X