I need a dc/dc supply CHEAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a dc/dc supply CHEAP

I need to buy a dc=dc powersupply for cheap. Dont need to be high powered, just need it to power a basic system with 2 high rpm hd's.

Need it to be under $60 including shipping, case or no case, will be custom mounted.

Thanks.

Tim

[email protected]
    99 ram 5.9 turbo
    P4 2.0, MicroATX, Audigy2nx, Monster Cable / Alpine.
    Coming soon: Indash motorized, 5.1, dvdrw, gps, bluetooth, wifi, and more!

...dont we all

Comment

Oh yeah, I got a bunch laying around the house... keep tripping over the damn things....

I would gladly send to anybody that wants them.....

No, really sounds like you only option for that price range is to build a Sproggy and deal with getting the parts.

PC Power and Cooling's 12 VDC input 1U unit is down to $109 (or lower now).....

Comment

60Bucks INCLUDING shipping?? hmm...
        Making a sproggy shouldn't cost more than about 40bucks american... if you can't make one, then get an inverter, if you don't wan't an inverter, then don't make a CARPUTA!!!
        2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
        register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

Originally posted by THEMP3KID
          60Bucks INCLUDING shipping?? hmm................... if you can't make one, then get an inverter, if you don't wan't an inverter, then don't make a CARPUTA!!!
          This is the first time i have to agree with something u have said and contributed to the board.
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Originally posted by cenwesi

This is the first time i have to agree with something u have said and contributed to the board.
            HAHAHAHAHA!!
            Sproggy Mk2.8 & shutdown controller
            Via C3 800 mini-Itx 256mb Ram, 15G notebook HDD

Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!

Comment

Originally posted by THEMP3KID
              60Bucks INCLUDING shipping?? hmm...
              Making a sproggy shouldn't cost more than about 40bucks american... if you can't make one, then get an inverter, if you don't wan't an inverter, then don't make a CARPUTA!!!
              it may be just me, but I have a recolletion of THEMP3KID saying that its not a carputer if you use an inverter...

hippocrit maybe?
              http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
              Australian mp3car Portal
              mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
              mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
              -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

hmm great.. no one contributed helpful information.

Ever think i mightve wanted a response from someone that is selling the one they had because they bought a higher powered one or are getting out of this?

I would build a sproggy but i have no access to the parts that are not included in the kit.

And ive been there and done that with inverters. Ive been through 3 in the last 3 years of this due to my cars fluctuating voltage while the stereo system is running (inverter kept popping on and off when car would go from 8v to 14v to 8v to 14v).. eventually blowing components.

Someone tell me where i can buy the kit and EVERYTHING i need and i will buy it and build it myself. i have no problem in doing that. Or if someone out there is selling their old one lemme know thru email. Otherwise please dont crap on the message!
                99 ram 5.9 turbo

Comment

/\
                  / \
                  \_/ <- tear

Comment

Originally posted by TimW
                    hmm great.. no one contributed helpful information.

Ever think i mightve wanted a response from someone that is selling the one they had because they bought a higher powered one or are getting out of this?

I would build a sproggy but i have no access to the parts that are not included in the kit.

And ive been there and done that with inverters. Ive been through 3 in the last 3 years of this due to my cars fluctuating voltage while the stereo system is running (inverter kept popping on and off when car would go from 8v to 14v to 8v to 14v).. eventually blowing components.

Someone tell me where i can buy the kit and EVERYTHING i need and i will buy it and build it myself. i have no problem in doing that. Or if someone out there is selling their old one lemme know thru email. Otherwise please dont crap on the message!
                    Most sproggy parts are available as free samples. The stuff you can't get can usually be picked up from farnell, or someone else on the board. Buy a PCB and kit from Maestro, and pick up everything else!

Cheers

Andrew
                    Mediabox Hardware Project
                    Current Stage: A complete redesign, although not much happening right now!

Mediabox Software Project
                    Status: Writing Sync Software (still) and playing around with interface
                    To do: Far too much!

Comment

Kit from mastero, renco parts from bullzsht, max787 and lm2517t-12 from farnell. Unless u are planning on a ATX supply then u need the hard to find(for me at least) Max788. Other than that, i dont see any problems..

Paladin.

Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!

Comment

Thanks for helpin paladin. And yep, I do need it to be atx as well. I will most likely get ahold of mastero then if no one is selling one of theirs..
                        99 ram 5.9 turbo

Comment

ask maxim nicely, www.maximic.com
                          -
                          My cars
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by TimW
                            Thanks for helpin paladin. And yep, I do need it to be atx as well. I will most likely get ahold of mastero then if no one is selling one of theirs..

Hmm dont hold me to tight i might "SCREAM"

HAHAHa so how you guys doin ?

Hey TIM mail me if you require the kit or any help

Mastero

Comment

Originally posted by jol
                              ask maxim nicely, www.maximic.com
                              i think its www.maxim-ic.com

TimW...u can try asking novalis for the maxim ic parts.

Paladin

Comment

Working...
                              X