Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UserCP look.

I've made another change to the UserCP.

This modification will help to decrease server load and should make the forum a bit faster.

You will notice that there is now an arrow beside the UserCP link in the menu at the top of the forum. If you click on this arrow or on 'User CP' you will be presented with a drop down menu. If you would like to access your User CP in full, just click to get the drop down, then click on "User Control Panel".

Here's a few other benefits:

• Private Messages are the most frequently used user option.
      • Moving this to the top will give members quicker access.
      • Displaying custom folders will also bypass some pages (clicks) and therefore decreases server resources.
    • Collapsing/Expanding some of the options will provide members quicker access to what is important to them.
    Enjoy!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

I kept thinking my right click/mouse was acting up
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

any feed back on this?

would be apprciated.
      notice things running smoother? choppier? easier to use?

anything?
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Just a question but what is the point? Is it just me, but aren't all the options available for the CP dropdown, available under the "Quick Links" dropdown too? And they both go to the same place.

If we are keeping this dropdown, then can we make the arrow itself trigger the dropdown too. I keep clicking on the arrow! Would be nice if the arrow changed from pointing left when inactive to pointing down when the dropdown menu is active.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Apparently, the drop down helps to lighten server load.

Here's what the developer has to say about it:

Typically if you want to edit or view your personal information you would click the UserCP navbar link (wait for the page to load) and click the option you wish to view.

Did you know?

You just hit the server with 11 Queries + HTTP Request + Bandwidth just for visiting the UserCP default page. What's worst is that this is not even the page that you want to view. Yep, you guessed it there goes an additional hit to the server.

Add this modification to bypass the UserCP default page.
          The savings are HUGE especially on a big-board site.
          Should help to explain a bit of it.

btw - regarding the arrow - it triggers the drop down for me. Is anyone else having any problems?
          Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            Just a question but what is the point? Is it just me, but aren't all the options available for the CP dropdown, available under the "Quick Links" dropdown too? And they both go to the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
              Apparently, the drop down helps to lighten server load.

Here's what the developer has to say about it:

Should help to explain a bit of it.

btw - regarding the arrow - it triggers the drop down for me. Is anyone else having any problems?
              I understand the benefit of this, but I thought it was already implemented.

Could you help me understand the difference between the Quick Links and the UserCP drop downs?
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I guess I'm missing what you're referring to when you say quick links.
                Jan Bennett

Comment

And the dropdown arrow seems ok now, but it didn't before. Im using FireFox 1.5 so it might be a IE/FF thing.

And if the arrow could maybe change rotation when clicked... I dunno, I just like it that way...

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                    I guess I'm missing what you're referring to when you say quick links.
                    There are definately some repetitive redundancies being repeated twice here.

The Quick Links

The New CP Panel:

Comment

ok - I see where you're going. There are similar links in the two.

However, this mod was an all in one. The UserCP links are more likely to be used here. Some folks are used to using the Quick Links, some aren't. This will catch those who aren't used to them.
                      Jan Bennett

Comment

the only difference to me is I used to use the user cp button as a refresh while in my user cp.... now instead of one click it's 2... if it helps lighten the load on the servers it's worth it though....

not much of a big deal with redundant menu's & like you said, many may not have even realized the quick links... they can't miss this now though

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                          they can't miss this now though
                          Actually this I guess has been here for 2 days now, and I didn't even notice it until I saw this thread thisafternoon!

Comment

one thing I noticed is before, a shortcut of :

http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/usercp.php

used to take you right to your control panel

now the same shortcut takes you to the store? but this is still the correct url of your control panel..., but it just changes to mp3car.com & redirects...

Comment

Working...
                            X