"What's going on with the forum?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What's going on with the forum?"

UPDATE: Issues mentioned as of 4/23 should be resolved. Please inform if you find otherwise.

Yes, we are aware of a problem.

It is due to the fact that the uninstall instructions for the Zoints profile system were not accurate.

We are still working on the main page access (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin).

Untill then, you can still access the forums through sub forum links.

Thank you for your patience.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Not meaning to tell you your business...... but test platforms are handy before any major changes.....

I say this as a PM who deals with large corpate networks with large enviroments.....

Terran
    My Project Site

Comment

FYI, search is broken.
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet View Post
        Not meaning to tell you your business...... but test platforms are handy before any major changes.....
        This was an uninstall..not an install that went south.
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          When does anything ever uninstall fully or correctly?
          ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
          Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
          All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
          Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")

Comment

Uploading images via the User CP is broken..

The database insert goes all wonky.

I have 2-3 blank "images" in my list that I can't delete, because it says it can't find the files.

Can someone get rid of those?

Comment

search.php has been fixed.

please continue to report any oddities
              -- WireSix, Inc. --
              MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

we're restoring from a back-up.
                Jan Bennett

Comment

User CP: Settings & Options

I'm not sure if it's related, but I can't seem to do any of the "Edit" functions in the "User CP: Settings & Options". When I try to Edit Signature/Profile/Avatar/etc, I get the following message: "Undefined authentication type".

Cheers,

Long.1
                  Worklog: 2006 Ford Territory Ghia (Melbourne, Australia)
                  Mounting Components in Custom Carputer Box
                  Attention Aussie's - Say G'day Here

Comment

Originally posted by long.1 View Post
                    I'm not sure if it's related, but I can't seem to do any of the "Edit" functions in the "User CP: Settings & Options". When I try to Edit Signature/Profile/Avatar/etc, I get the following message: "Undefined authentication type".

Cheers,

Long.1
                    Yup, me too.

The restore from backup, presumably of the UI, will probably fix that as well..

Comment

Also, I noticed that the WYSIWYG icons on IE7 don't seem to work..

Like the Insert Link button pops up

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sugg.../ieprompt.html

with "page not found".

This was happening for some time it seems, before today's break..

Comment

Same thing.... thats why you need pre production / production areas so you can test before making changes in your enviroment.

'Change Managment'

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions ccsnet, I knew you would be in here with them.

However, I don't have control over that aspect of this company.
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

You can use this example as a reason for a dev environment to see how changes work prior to putting the change in front of us.

Better for business to reduce the user population from seeing this when possible.

Not picking on you, attempting to suggest a way to improve. This type of conversation is one I deal with daily (professional software QA).

Cheers and glad you are getting things worked on.
                            TruckinMP3
                            D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I'm not quite sure how to take that first line.... re the 2nd line ... if your supposed to be the one maintaining the forum and adding to it can I suggest you bring this up asap..... I'm pretty sure FirberOptic used to test every thing...

Terran
                              My Project Site

Comment

Working...
                              X