Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not just close the classified section?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not just close the classified section?

The number of posts is dwindling and I haven't been able to find anything in a long time. Just replace it with the mp3car store or something. I'll paypal you $1 to bring back the old format so maybe I can see what UKChris or other sellers I trust are selling. The new system is absolutely abysmal, and it'd actually be better to not have a classified section at all, I know this has be stated many times by other people in other threads but this point of this one is to ask you to close the classifieds all together (its alreasy been virtually done, why not make it official?)
    [IIIIIIIIII]95%
    Dynamix 7" LCD Touchscreen Monitor
    VIA Epia M10000 Motherboard
    Samsung 40 gig 2.5" Hard drive
    Slimtype LSC-24082K DVD/CDRW
    1024MB DDR RAM
    Morex 3688 case w/ psu

I agree. I liked the old format better. I would stumble across stuff that I wasn't even looking for.

Comment

DigitalFX4.0 Skin by JohnWPB

Road Runner RR's Myspace

My Ride - Car Domain Page -JWLionKing's MySpace Page

Project 98% Complete -FREE DOMAIN & WEBSPACE / FILE HOST FOR DEVELOPERS - PM ME

Comment

The reason the number of posts has shrunk is mostly due to the fact that we are limiting users from accessing the classifieds.

We are limiting it to only members who actively contribute to the forums, rather than people who specifically only sign up on here JUST to use the classifieds and have absolutely nothing to contribute to the community. There were a NUMBER of scammers who were taking advantage of the laxed rules as well as a number of users who were essentially using this site as an ebay site.

This helps eliminate scammers and keeps it in the community, which is important to us.

The intent of this forum is not to compete with eBay, it's to help active members of the community resell items they have used in their installs and to help others purchase from active members.

If you're upset at the lack of people selling items, I'd suggest you try ebay.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Nope... not what I was referring to.

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          If you're upset at the lack of people selling items, I'd suggest you try ebay.
          DigitalFX4.0 Skin by JohnWPB

Road Runner RR's Myspace

My Ride - Car Domain Page -JWLionKing's MySpace Page

Project 98% Complete -FREE DOMAIN & WEBSPACE / FILE HOST FOR DEVELOPERS - PM ME

Comment

I have access to the classified section, but I don't actively contribute to the forums much and I pretty much came here to use the classified section. Am I the type of user you don't want here?

There will always be scammers, I've already seen threads in the new classified scetion that are basically a list of "unlocked cell phones" and PS3s and XBOX360s etc. Ban the scammers change the rules and enforce them, don't punish the end user.

Like it or not the classified section IS like a tiny self sufficient eBay. A place for people to sell used stuff, just like eBay. The new system flat out sucks, I have no articulate way of stating that, it just sucks. If you don't want the "mini eBay" aspect of the site, I stand by my original suggestion, make closing the classifieds OFFICIAL and close it, instead of tethering it to a faux life line while it wiggles and squirms gasping for air...... just hold it underwater till it stops twitching.
            [IIIIIIIIII]95%
            1024MB DDR RAM
            Morex 3688 case w/ psu

Comment

Originally posted by Malenko View Post
              I have access to the classified section, but I don't actively contribute to the forums much and I pretty much came here to use the classified section. Am I the type of user you don't want here?
              Nope - your post count tells otherwise.

There will always be scammers, I've already seen threads in the new classified scetion that are basically a list of "unlocked cell phones" and PS3s and XBOX360s etc. Ban the scammers change the rules and enforce them, don't punish the end user.
              You saw them in there prior to the changes being made regarding active users posting. They are not int here now. Again, that's spammers. While they are probably scammers as well, we're talking about two different types of people here. The same spammers that post in normal threads but are automatically moderated. In the classifieds it's different, and

Like it or not the classified section IS like a tiny self sufficient eBay.
              Then that's just proof that we're not changing because we don't want it to be another FleaBay.

The new system flat out sucks, I have no articulate way of stating that, it just sucks. If you don't want the "mini eBay" aspect of the site, I stand by my original suggestion, make closing the classifieds OFFICIAL and close it, instead of tethering it to a faux life line while it wiggles and squirms gasping for air...... just hold it underwater till it stops twitching.
              That's not what we're doing. Just because it's not as big as it once was does not mean we are killing it.
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

The new system flat out sucks, I have no articulate way of stating that, it just sucks. If you don't want the "mini eBay" aspect of the site, I stand by my original suggestion, make closing the classifieds OFFICIAL and close it, instead of tethering it to a faux life line while it wiggles and squirms gasping for air...... just hold it underwater till it stops twitching.
                No one is making you visit the classifieds section.
                AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady View Post
                  No one is making you visit the classifieds section.

It WAS my primary reason for coming here, a point I think Ive stressed. Its not that anyone is making me visit the classifieds, its that the classifieds make me NOT WANT to visit the classifieds.

I digress, the point is moot. I suppose it's not what the users want that matters, its what the owners do. If you don't like something, you're SUPPOSED to voice your opinion or else you cannot expect change. This was my effort at getting something thats hideously broke repaired, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears, so I'll just shut my unimportant pie hole.
                  [IIIIIIIIII]95%
                  1024MB DDR RAM
                  Morex 3688 case w/ psu

Comment

It WAS my primary reason for coming here, a point I think Ive stressed. Its not that anyone is making me visit the classifieds, its that the classifieds make me NOT WANT to visit the classifieds.

I digress, the point is moot. I suppose it's not what the users want that matters, its what the owners do. If you don't like something, you're SUPPOSED to voice your opinion or else you cannot expect change. This was my effort at getting something thats hideously broke repaired, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears, so I'll just shut my unimportant pie hole.
                    It seems you think you are the voice of the community. Look at the other classifieds threads, there are plenty of people that like them how they are now. Why should the classifieds be closed just because you don't like them and aren't going to visit them? It isn't going to do any good to anyone to just close the classifieds, some people use them, some people don't. Why make those that use them suffer just because it hurts you to have a link to them at the top of the forum?
                    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

riiiiight....

Originally posted by john05srt4 View Post
                      yea the new classifieds suck... i cant find what i want to buy and to sell something is to much a hassle..
                      Originally posted by Calipso View Post
                      I don't want to offend anyone, but this new "system" of the classifieds is just plain horrible. The old way was MUCH better.
                      Originally posted by Genesisfactor View Post
                      I actually agree with calypso now. Before i didn't but get this, i'm getting MORE responses for my old ads in the archives than my new ones. What gives?

I think what is needed is a way to view all ads. honestly, some people like to browse. others have a hole burning in their pocket. And don't tell me "they can search." If they're not going to search for what they want on the rest of the forums, then what makes any of you think people will search in the classifieds.
                      Originally posted by Vorex View Post
                      Seriously, there is way less postings in the classified section now, people could easily post a list of small little things they want to sell and this new section sort of restricts that since it's design for 1 listing to 1 item...

Also it takes some clicking around to see if the seller's likely a scammer...clicking around to find their post count and join date, a regular thread post shows this info without clicking around.
                      Originally posted by hari-bhari View Post
                      i also would like to express that i liked the old system much better. i used to be able to sell several items within days (sound card, laptop, and some usb cables). with the new system i have had zero luck with similar items. i think it has to do with the way things are categorized separately, so someone just perusing to pick up random items cannot do so. its also hard to just spot a great deal to jump on, like ive seen done many times.

alas, this all probably falls on deaf ears, but i just thought id give my input. its probably part business strategy so that the mp3car.com store can sell more...but who knows? all i know is that im gonna end up stuck with a lot of leftover parts and that i doubt ill be able to sell now
                      I never claimed to be the voice of anyone or anything except myself. I obviously have no basis for complaint and I'm the only one with anything negative to say.

I refuse to get into a pizzing contest with you (xBrady), you obviously don't care about my opinion or any other end users opinion so I'll digress and you can feel great that you've blown me off enough to the point where I don't want to retort, congrats.
                      [IIIIIIIIII]95%
                      1024MB DDR RAM
                      Morex 3688 case w/ psu

Comment

Why not just limit POSTING to more senior members and not close it off all together? The problem is, in my case, you want some posts to prove I am part of the community but I have not purchased/have/used anything yet. I would however love to get some good starter gear from people as the upgrade.

Comment

i gotta admit as a "senior" member that the new system pretty much dooms itself by not really being a true part of the forum. You dont know what products are available unless you specifically go to the classified section.. its not like before when u could see what was available in your new posts list. The categorization also makes things harder for both seller and buyer. Sellers have to make multiple posts and buyers have to know which section the product you want is listed in. I dont think anyone here wants to make the section "ebay", but i didnt think it was "ebay" before the changes. It certainly was alot more popular though.
                          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Limiting who can access the classifieds stupid

I frequented this website a few years ago when I was still in college and now I am seriously thinking of building a carputer but my post count is too low to access the classifieds. So you want me to just postwhore so I can get access that is retarded. Usually the classifieds is a section where people who are more senior sell their old or unwanted parts to newbies as the regular senior members don't have as much as a need for the parts in the classifieds. Since i have returned to this forum I have been appalled by the tone from the supermods and mp3Car staff.

I retract some of my comments as I did not realize that the post threshold was so low.

Comment

There should be a poll.

I vote for the old classifieds.
                              AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
                              "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Working...
                              X