Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I AM STONE COLD GONE! goodbye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I AM STONE COLD GONE! goodbye



    Well I just had my First last and ONLY run-in with the New forum rules and they left a bad taste in my mouth, I have comited an infraction I dared to ask if anyone knew a way to play DMA Protected Files that I PURCHASED AND PAID FOR, because now that I am on vista they won't play anymore it just keeps refreshing the click this button to down load the lic Bull so I asked to anyone knew a utility to convery the files to Mp3 so I could play them it seems this is a Big No NO here I dared to ask a question and because I asked I can no longer access the for sale area and cancel my ads well both items are SOLD and this LONG TIME member in good standing that has purchase and sold dozens of items here and even gives discounts to member from here that buy items I have listed on ebay is OUT OF HERE, you can thank your new rules.

    GOODBYE

    FAREWELL

    P.S. Mr. or Ms. Mod DELETED MY ACCOUNT and my ads DOn't bother posting a link to the faq or your new Rules I am not comming back.

  • #2
    Bye.....
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

    Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

    Read the FAQ!

    Comment


    • #3
      I have tried to send you a pm outlining the reason why the infraction was given. It is very difficult to do this when you have turned off the ability to receive pm's and emails.

      It is against the forum rules to ask how to circumvent copy protection.

      Obviously you have a problem with the infraction, we can discuss it and try to solve the problem.
      Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

      Comment


      • #4
        :bye1:
        ODYSSEY

        Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

        Comment


        • #5
          As for the classifieds problem, I believe there could have been an issue with an update that was applied today. I don't think it was because I gave you an infraction.
          Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

          Comment


          • #6
            belezeebub- is your DWW-700H sold?
            1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

            Comment


            • #7
              Although I haven't seen the original post, and I guess I need to read the "new" rules (starts searching.....) I don't really see how asking the question can be seen as an infraction if he actually bought the original music................
              I guess it is trying to defeat copyright protection, but the intent is not for an illegal purpose (ie: redistribution). He purchased the music and only wants the info for personal use of a product he legally posesses.

              :scatcheshead:

              Must be something more going on here..............
              For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
              Leonardo Da Vinci

              Comment


              • #8
                greatwhite - posting that information on the forums for the world to see, no matter if he's purchased the music already, is not a good thing to do. I think you can understand why.
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

                Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes i do.

                  It just seems to me that something else must be going on as the member seems to have taken it pretty hard and has chosen to remove himself from the community.

                  Seems odd to me...........

                  Or maybe a warning would have been a better route in this case as opposed to an "infraction" and whatever else actions seem to have been taken.

                  Just wondering what the whole story is..........
                  For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                  Leonardo Da Vinci

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The thing is... On this forum, most users (beelzebub included) aren't going to cross the lines so much so often that infractions are going to amount to much.
                    They are really just a method of alerting users when they violate the rules in the vast majority of instances.
                    Most users aren't going to repeatedly violate the rules to the point where further actions (a temporary or permament ban) are necessary.

                    Frankly, if he's going to get in a snit and leave the forums, oh well. If doesn't want to be an adult about it and realize that he was treading on the rules with his discussion, then so be it.
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?



                    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
                      Yes i do.

                      It just seems to me that something else must be going on as the member seems to have taken it pretty hard and has chosen to remove himself from the community.

                      Seems odd to me...........

                      Or maybe a warning would have been a better route in this case as opposed to an "infraction" and whatever else actions seem to have been taken.

                      Just wondering what the whole story is..........
                      He might have also got the infraction instead of a warning since meddler said his pm and email is disabled. How else is a Mod going to warn him?
                      ODYSSEY

                      Originally posted by Tidder
                      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                      Digital-Car UK|

                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There is nothing else going on in the background. I gave him an infraction for breaking the forum rules. He got upset about it and decided to leave. That is his choice. I said that if he wanted to talk about it I am willing to discuss it if he felt he was hard done by (see post #2). AFAIK he hasn't been back.
                        To set the record straight, I gave him the infraction first. When I went to pm him about it, he had turned off his email and pm's.

                        I am pretty sure that the rules about warez and breaking copy protection have always been present on this forum, even if they weren't written formally.
                        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sad that he left the forums because of a misunderstanding on his part. The infraction has nothing to do with the classifieds.
                          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                          Installed.


                          -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Questions for the mods.


                            1. If a warning is given is there a record of this so if someone commits the same or similar offence again the other mods can see this and thefore escalate to an infraction?

                            2. Similar with infractions, is there a record kept once they are expired?


                            The reason I ask is if records are kept then maybe a simple warning for long standing members would have sufficed rather than an infraction.


                            I know from DP's post that he is insinuting that a simple small infraction is nothing to worry about but maybe long standing memebers may see that differently and, as seems in this case be insulted by it, and would react better to a friendly warning.


                            Just my 1 pence worth. (at current exchange rates.)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                              Questions for the mods.


                              1. If a warning is given is there a record of this so if someone commits the same or similar offence again the other mods can see this and thefore escalate to an infraction?

                              2. Similar with infractions, is there a record kept once they are expired?


                              The reason I ask is if records are kept then maybe a simple warning for long standing members would have sufficed rather than an infraction.


                              I know from DP's post that he is insinuting that a simple small infraction is nothing to worry about but maybe long standing memebers may see that differently and, as seems in this case be insulted by it, and would react better to a friendly warning.


                              Just my 1 pence worth. (at current exchange rates.)
                              Kind of where I was going..........

                              But not just for "long standing members", I would think everyone would respond better to a "freindly" reminder in thier posting as opposed to an "infraction" straight off.

                              Infraction is not a very friendly word to start with. Actually, It's pretty confrontational and adversarial (implies removal of priveledges and that you are now being "watched")

                              Perhaps that is what happened here...............


                              Cheers

                              BJ
                              For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                              Leonardo Da Vinci

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X