No announcement yet.

Flood Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry - there's nothing that can be done about it.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Is it possible to narrow the new post function by user?

Meaning can I exclude certain sections of the forum from the results when I select 'new posts'?

As an example I have no real interest in the following:
      Streetdeck
      Bluetooth Hardware
      Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
      MacCar
      Linux

I am certain these sections have value to the members that post and read them, just not interesting to me.

Being able to see the new posts in the other sections would be nice with out having to sift through the stuff that I am not wanting to use or able to help with.
      TruckinMP3
      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
        Sorry - there's nothing that can be done about it.

Yes there is.

Stop doing it.

Space it out.

It looks really bad for SD if someone hits New Posts and all they see is 30-45 Bug reports (even if they are fixed).

Comment

Wow - Streetdeck has a hell of a lot of bugs for a commercial product.

Just had two pages of new posts purely of Streetdeck bugs!

Comment

Considering those were all bugs that were closed due a lack of response from the OP, I don't think you can consider them bugs entirely.

What you were seeing was me closing all of those threads because the OP went 8 days without responding to multiple requests for a report on the new release.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3 View Post

Meaning can I exclude certain sections of the forum from the results when I select 'new posts'?

Streetdeck
              Bluetooth Hardware
              MacCar
              Linux

I am certain these sections have value to the members that post and read them, just not interesting to me.

Being able to see the new posts in the other sections would be nice with out having to sift through the stuff that I am not wanting to use or able to help with.

Jan,

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
              TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

That would require specific hacking to allow each user to select the forums they would like to see. It's just not smart to go into hacking the core functionality of the forum and as I've said before, I don't code the mods that are done to this forum. They are modifications that are made as plug-ins that do not affect the core functionality.

Tomorrow, if I get a few, I can check currently avaliable mods to see if there's anything out there that would take care of this.
                Jan Bennett

Comment

Considering those were all bugs that were closed due a lack of response from the OP, I don't think you can consider them bugs entirely.

What you were seeing was me closing all of those threads because the OP went 8 days without responding to multiple requests for a report on the new release.
                  What you can do is have a sticky thread in the bugs forums stating that thread that have had their bugs resolved or thread that go an x amount of days without a response will be closed. This way you don't have to post in every single thread to let them know your closing the thread. Solves a lot of problems that way.
                  Installed
                  Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                  512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                  Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                  [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Quattro - I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately, people tend to over look those things on a regular basis (as evidenced by the number of threads opened up in any forum asking for information that can be found in a stickey).

We have implemented a new QA strategy. Because this has just been implemented, the transition required a good number of posts. Once this strategy is in place, the number of posts in mass should be reduced.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

Quattro - I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately, people tend to over look those things on a regular basis (as evidenced by the number of threads opened up in any forum asking for information that can be found in a stickey).

We have implemented a new QA strategy. Because this has just been implemented, the transition required a good number of posts. Once this strategy is in place, the number of posts in mass should be reduced.
                      Hurray!

Road Dog

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3 View Post

Streetdeck
                        Bluetooth Hardware
                        MacCar
                        Linux

As I am interested in 'choosing' which forums appear in my New Posts section I have done some research, there is a VBulletin hack available here:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91025

which does exactly this. It allows the user to choose which forums they do not wish to see in the New Posts section.

Please Red, consider installing it, I personally am not interested in all the forums available on here, only certain ones but it takes sooo long to trawl through the new thread title in a new posts search these days.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for doing the research.

I will look at installing it later this afternoon.
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

Thanks Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobby View Post
                              As I am interested in 'choosing' which forums appear in my New Posts section I have done some research, there is a VBulletin hack available here:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91025

which does exactly this. It allows the user to choose which forums they do not wish to see in the New Posts section.

Please Red, consider installing it, I personally am not interested in all the forums available on here, only certain ones but it takes sooo long to trawl through the new thread title in a new posts search these days.

Thanks

Sweet, thanks for the digging and to Jan for being willing to look at this.

Cheers
                              David
                              TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                              X