Ordered USB XM Adapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered USB XM Adapter

This will be my first and last experience ordering from mp3car.com.

I ordered the unit on October 1st and paid for Global Express shipping (to Canada). Same day the order status showed shipped. I've used this method many times to get products from the US and it has never taken more than 3 days.

I send the store an email to find out whats going on, I get an automated reply hours later saying I will receive a reply within 30 hours.

THREE DAYS LATER I get a reply, and I quote, "This will ship out today. Thank you." with absolutely no explanation or apology. I replied back asking why in the hell has it taken a week to ship out, not even a reply.

What poor service. I will never order from mp3car.com again. One week to ship out an in stock item, ridiculous delays in replying to emails, paid for EXPRESS shipping, and not even an offer to refund the shipping charges?

Disgusting.
    2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
    Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
    Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

10 days, still no reply from the mp3car store.

24 days since I ordered this in stock item with express shipping.

Still no xm adapter. Ridiculous.
    2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
    Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
    Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

have you tried calling them? I have found that that is always the best way to get in touch with someone.. especially in a matter like this

I have ordered lots of stuff from them in the last 3 weeks.. and it went out the next day.. with my order being updated the day it shipped out
      Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I hate sellers that dont reply fast, its frustating specialy if you already paid.
        Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
        http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

I've posted in regards to their poor customer service as well but it seems that everyone that involved with them just start defending them although they were in the wrong.

I think that they have hired a lot of young kids that have no clue on what they are doing.

I would say that they need to replace their Warehouse personnel and especially their customer service personnel.

Comment

you can see who works for them on their website under about us...

and the people who are defending them.. are only speaking out of personal experience in dealing with them

I would be very upset if something like this happened to me... and rightly so.. but I really believe that 1 phone call would solve this problem
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I actually called them and it was the worst customer service experience I've ever had. They don't take responsibility for their mistakes and they expect the buyer to pay for it.

Comment

that sucks...

Comment

Do you have a tracking number for it? If they forgot to enclose an invoice it may be stuck at customs. If they didnt put a phone number on it, then you are going to have to call customs and ask if it has passed through.

A month for express shipping is a little rediculous, but a week to ship out isnt too bad in my opinion. Maybe the store should add a "rush service" where you pay an extra $3USD or something and it will go out same or next day or else the $3USD is refunded... Newegg does this and it is great. If you need something fast, it is $3 more and if they dont get it out that day (and you order before the cutoff time) you get your $2.99 credited back.

If this sounds like something people want, maybe they will implement it. Perhaps a new thread in the suggestions area?
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

wow, this is good to know. i've been a member here for ever, and don't think i've ordered anything from the store here, but the folks that had originally started the site were always extremely nice and cordial folks. not sure who all is left from those days, but i really hate to hear about the experience you've had pyros. hopefully they will get it situated for you. i'll definitely take this experience to heart though because i was going to order my next lcd from them.
                    replicant
                    Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

Similar problems here, ordered a G4 so over a 2K item, store said it was in stock, also called them and confirmed they were in stock, placed the order, waited 3 days while it said in processing, called again to see what the holdup is, was told it would go out the next day. then got an e-mail saying they were out of stock and will be a few weeks. Stil no response to my last e-mail.

Comment

This is waht happens when they try to make mp3car a business.

They want more than just mantaining the forums up...Not even group buts are alowed.

This forum as been the greatest source of information and its because of mp3car that i have a carpc right now, but i miss some of the original spirit.
                        Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
                        http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                          Maybe the store should add a "rush service" where you pay an extra $3USD or something and it will go out same or next day or else the $3USD is refunded... Newegg does this and it is great. If you need something fast, it is $3 more and if they dont get it out that day (and you order before the cutoff time) you get your $2.99 credited back.
                          The already have that:

Originally posted by mp3Car.com Store
                          For guaranteed same-day Processing*, at $3.99 per order, use the EXP coupon code.

*Only good for in stock items ordered before 4 PM EST *Excluding weekends and holidays. *UPS only
                          To be honest, I was surprised to see that option when I ordered last week, and I'm really not a big fan of that type of service.

Not to rub salt in any wounds, but I ordered from the mp3car store on Tuesday and had the items on Friday via USPS from MD to NY, no EXP code. So far I have had good experiences ordering from the store (twice), and using USPS for shipping as they seem to provide fast service to my neck of the woods.

As far as your situation is concerned, pyros, I agree that such a long wait is unacceptable for express shipping. Like 2k1toaster suggested, if you have a tracking number, see where it is.. it very well could be a customs holdup at this point. As far as taking three days to process the order: if the customer is paying for express shipping, I think that price should most certainly include express processing.

I hope that in the end the store is able to provide you with a satisfying resolution. Good luck!
                          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

For guaranteed same-day Processing*, at $3.99 per order, use the EXP coupon code.

*Only good for in stock items ordered before 4 PM EST *Excluding weekends and holidays. *UPS only
                            LOL i selected this, didnt help at all.

I disagree that you cant turn a forum into a company, but like a company you NEED to address customer service, especially when you are basically getting orders from fans of the forum and NOT lie to them as to the stock status

Comment

Originally posted by PORTUGAL View Post
                              Not even group buts are alowed.
                              I take it you mean group buys? There is a reason why group buys aren't allowed. There have been buys in the past where people have ripped off others. It happened on more than one occasion. The members that were duped then tried to blame mp3car.com or at least make the forums get their money back or give the details of the person that organised the group buy. It was not the forums responsibility. This is why group buys were stopped. It was done to protect the members and mp3car.com.
                              Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Working...
                              X