Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3Car.com Blocked

Hey guys,

I haven't been around in a while because mp3car.com's website is blocked by my work's new firewall stuff.

I'm not exactly sure what they upgraded to or whatever, but it's something third party and automated off site I believe. MP3car.com is blocked solely because it has 'mp3' in the website name.

I was just wondering if there are any ideas as to how I can still access the site. Do you have any other mirror sites or anything without the mp3car name?

They block proxys and whatnot at my place too, so I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do to still get access to my favorite site!!!
    www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

A proxy may work, assuming that you can access proxies through the work firewall, as well.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Try tor or other anonymizer
      Carputer Project Status:
      0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
      Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

You can setup a VPN server at home (XP has one built in), then surf via your home connection at work.
        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

Yeah, as I already stated, proxies aren't allowed. I'll look into that Tor thing, but they generally have the work PC's locked down so we can't install anything....

I'll look into the VPN option as well. They use VPN for tunneling into the company's network so that might work. But I think the local policy of the XP image overrides everything.

The only other option I have is to bring in my carpc and try to get it to connect to this distant access point that is hooked up outside of the firewall. It's a huge pain in the ***, but it may be my only shot...

I figured I would see if you guys had any ideas, thanks!
          www.mobile-effects.com

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

You could use a box at home as some one suggested.....

Terran
            My Project Site

Comment

wmacar.com ac3car.com and oggcar.com come to mind

Comment

Originally posted by daclothe View Post
                wmacar.com ac3car.com and oggcar.com come to mind

Comment

:-p
                  www.mobile-effects.com

Comment

dvdcar.com might work, but also might be rejected because it points to mp3car.com.

Comment

you could try by ip address, depends if it looks up the name, if the block is on some list, or done in real time based on the mp3 name

Comment

Try www.anonymouse.com. But if it works, keep it to yourself or they'll ban that too.
                        Ampie Case
                        2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                        Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                        Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                        M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Yeah i think it could work with IP-address...
                          My worklog (fabricating the bezel right now)

40 % Done ?

Comment

windows key + r >> type in cmd >> type ping mp3car.com >> type the IP address in your browser.

Comment

Working...
                            X