This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest a New Forum Here

If you think there is a topic deserving of a forum, let us know.
    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

I feel that there should be a cooling section under MP3Car technical.
    I am struggling at the moment to keep my CPU cool during summer and have resorted to underclocking :S
    Also I would like to see if anyone has attempted water cooling in the car
    Thanks
    Car: Ford Focus
    Currently stock setup. Trying to decide on the best setup for me.

Comment

That does look very nice .

I have just bought a 4000 RPM 12cm fan. I does keep my CPU at about 50 degrees in summer which is ok. The only problem is, is it's extremely loud at 59db and no way (that I've found) to decrease the speed.

Also have a tiny 5cm intake fan XD.

At some point, I am am probably going to make a replacement enclosure for it as I'm not too happy with the size and looks of my current one.

Thanks for the help Pyr0

Comment

Should it be cooling or is it more in general about
        Environmental Considerations in Mobile Computing - so that people can talk about cooling, or the opposite, humidity, water etc?

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Comment

I would think cooling. I never really thought of environment for things like humidity. That could be important as well even though I luckily havn't had this problem yet.

You could always have 'Environmental Considerations in Mobile Computing' and then 'Cooling' inside it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
            Should it be cooling or is it more in general about
            Environmental Considerations in Mobile Computing - so that people can talk about cooling, or the opposite, humidity, water etc?

That smiley isnt politically correct (tis now - E).. but you get the idea. Heat is just one of many enviormental variables. Humidity, condensation, all that good stuff should be grouped into one subforum.
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Done - http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/envi...ile-computing/

It would be good to do a little populating...any threads that should be moved in?

thanks

Comment

i'll take a look around today and redirect some of the recent posts on the subject.
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I feel happy that my idea has gone through lol
                  thanks heather

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                    i'll take a look around today and redirect some of the recent posts on the subject.

Could start by moving most of the posts out of this thread and creating a new thread in that new forum

Comment

What always bugs me is that for power questions I have to put them into the Power Supplies forum. There should be some kind of forum that deals with other power things such as batteries, alternators, power wiring, and powering things other than computers.
                      My Nearly Complete Car:
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ed-car-pc.html

Micro Control Center... Control Your Car Across the Internet
                      http://www.mp3car.com/fusion-brain/1...-internet.html

Website: (It's a work in progress, really. All my projects have taken me from ever really developing it.)
                      http://paulfurtado.com/

Comment

ok - so what would be the best name for it?

Comment

Maybe make a general Power forum and Computer Power Supplies a sub forum? Maybe even have some more sub forums, like Alternators and Batteries?
                          My Nearly Complete Car:
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ed-car-pc.html

Micro Control Center... Control Your Car Across the Internet
                          http://www.mp3car.com/fusion-brain/1...-internet.html

Website: (It's a work in progress, really. All my projects have taken me from ever really developing it.)
                          http://paulfurtado.com/

Comment

Hey, I'm doing a full redo of my in dash pc, putting a lot of new things in and it would be nice if there was a howto/guide post(with links to posts that detail how to do something)or a place for ppl to post howtos.

Mainly what I'm looking for is;

Dash cam setup

Control heat, a/c, windows, doorlocks and dome lights with pc

Making a gui program or widgets to interface with the heat, etc... controls

Taking the shell out of windows and making my frontend as windows shell

Auto sync music and other data with homenetwork

Start the car with Im, text or bluetooth

Text or im the car pc and it respond with gps(and/or obd)info

Routing calls(handsfree) and text through pc via bt or wifi(android)

Mobile isp

A monitor darkening program (widget, globle hotkey and or auto by time or sencer)

Comment

One more thing.... how about mp3car come out with its own frontend. Maybe make it for windows 7 and ubuntu think about it, if its backed by mp3car everyone would be sure to at least try it and you could house plugins for it. Kinda like the the ubuntu software center or iphone/ android app markit. who ever wants to add an app or plugin, skin can. And then it wouldn't be so hard finding something that does what you want, you would only have to search the markit and d/l or buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X