No announcement yet.

Make the link to the FAQs more visible!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the link to the FAQs more visible!

It's buried in the nav bar across the top and people simply don't see it.
    It needs to be somewhere else that is more visible and more prominent.

My suggestion is to put a link in the banner across the top where there are links for forum, Store, Blog and About Us.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

I nod in agreement
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

And maybe put the Wiki link after it.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

ok - good suggestion, it is buried.
        The wiki needs to be updated - which will be done in the next week by Optikalfx and then we can add a link to that too.
        Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
        • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
        • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
        • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
        • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Is it just me, or is it odd that the "How to Get Started" is at the bottom of the FAQ?
          Play with it, 'til it's broke.

Comment

While FAQ and Wiki links in the large banner do not make sense, we could create another tab that encompasses the WIki, FAQ and any other knowledge materials, like a page for people to go to for CAR PC 101, which we need to add to our new website.

What would you call this tab, so that people know they could use it to do research?

AND by the way - I am always available via pm...if someone has an idea that requires immediate attention. That is often the best way to catch me.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Comment

Hm,

What if we call the tab with links to Wiki, FAQ and CARPC 101:
              Resources

Comment

I vote for "How-to" rather than resources.
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                  While FAQ and Wiki links in the large banner do not make sense,
                  I disagree with this sentiment.
                  I don't understand how a direct link to the FAQs in the large banner doesn't make sense.

That is the FIRST thing you want new members to see and read. It contains most of the core information that anyone coming into this hobby needs to know.

we could create another tab that encompasses the WIki, FAQ and any other knowledge materials, like a page for people to go to for CAR PC 101, which we need to add to our new website.
                  You could, and it would be a step in the right direction.
                  I still think the link to the FAQ needs to be big, bold, and obvious to anyone looking at the website.
                  Burying it in a drop-down menu is going to make the FAQ just as hidden as it is now, which means that newbies are still not going to see the FAQs, let alone read them and take the information to heart.

What would you call this tab, so that people know they could use it to do research?
                  The best I can come up with is FAQs & Information.
                  If you put the FAQs link in a drop down, the main link needs to include the recognizable letters: F A Q. Most people understand a FAQ and its purpose.
                  Unless someone actually sees a link that points to a FAQ (or a method of getting to the FAQ), they won't look at it, plain and simple.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

You could always have it be a huge banner at the top of the forums for any members with less than 300 posts (or whatever number seems adequate), and then have it back in a FAQ menu button, that way those who really need to read it, have easy access to it and those that don't aren't bothered by it and likely already know where it is.
                    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                    RevFE
                    My Shop

Comment

i agree knowledge bank is too vague, FAQ is too specific for a tab with multiple links. Will people see How to and click on the tab expecting to find an FAQ, Wiki, etc?

What about Learn, or Car Copmuting 101 (but this is starting to be more than just the car computer), or...

we need a name for a tab that is brief, to go next to Videos that people will see and say...oh i bet that is where the wiki or FAQ or the car computing 101 page is.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                        i agree knowledge bank is too vague, FAQ is too specific for a tab with multiple links. Will people see How to and click on the tab expecting to find an FAQ, Wiki, etc?

What about Learn, or Car Copmuting 101 (but this is starting to be more than just the car computer), or...

we need a name for a tab that is brief, to go next to Videos that people will see and say...oh i bet that is where the wiki or FAQ or the car computing 101 page is.
                        1. FAQs and more
                        2. Learn more
                        3. Find out more
                        4. Help links
                        5. Do it yourself (or DIY)
                        6. Getting involved
                        7. Starting out
                        8. Goodies
                        9. More info
                        10. Don't click this

I think 1, 4 or 2 in that order are the way to go. Don't overthink this. What you need is a tab that people can see and tell that this is the place for more info. Blog isn't cutting it.

How about making the button have a little disclosure triangle on it, like the forum nav bar links do? That way you know there's more stuff under it.

People who are looking for information just need a spot that most likely has it. People who don't know any better aren't going to look even if it says "FAQs, click right here" on the main page.
                        Want to:

Comment

Don' Click This...the truth is that is probably the one title that would get everyone to click

Comment

Working...
                          X