Anyway to recover the old wiki articles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to recover the old wiki articles

and merge them into the new wiki? I spent a considerable amount of time on a couple articles and to now see they are gone is upsetting. If they cannot be transformed to the new wiki, is there anyway I can at least get to a copy of it?

Thanks
    System always under construction

They're not gone! OptikalFX posted a thread saying they would be restored to the new wiki. PM him to remind him that we need the wiki.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

LOL... Even though I didn't spend any time writing any of the old ones, it was a very upsetting feeling to see them not there. However, my fears subsided when I saw optikal's note about them being re-coop'ed.
      Play with it, 'til it's broke.

Comment

We are going to repost them to the new one - they are not gone at all. There is also some old FAQ stuff missing as well - happy to see people notice the wiki is there.

Do you need anything urgently? If not - we are prepping for the meet up this weekend, and finishing the new website, and then next will be the integration of the old wiki content. We honestly did not think many people were using them and the old wiki needed an update.

Let me know if you need something via pm, otherwise give us a week or two and everything will be integrated.

Our goal is to migrate everything into the Wiki, and it looks like we will even be able to turn threads into wiki posts. This way, everything is in one place.
        Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
        • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
        • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
        • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
        • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

ah I found that wiki article that explained he was porting it over. I didn't see it in the announcement. No rush, I wanted to make sure it wasn't lost in the interwebz
          System always under construction

Comment

Old wiki is still accessible: http://www.mp3car.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
            After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
            New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Yup, just hidden. It will always be there....we are not killing any content, just merging so that we can use the new wiki going forward.
              Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
              • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
              • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
              • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
              • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Is the Wiki transfer process complete? I looked through the whole wiki for a tutorial how to set Thuneau Frequency Allocator and Console. IIRC, it was very detailed and written by Durwood. Anyone remember and can post a link? I spent a lot of time searching, but it appears to have disappeared.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                X