PMs no longer red and blinking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMs no longer red and blinking

PM's are no longer red and blinking. I used to notice them. Now, not so much. Is there a CP setting for this or can it be restored?
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/mp3c...-messages.html

Apparently mine were green while yours were red.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

All I know is that they would blink. And sometimes when I looked at the forums, they would be posted at the very top just as the first item, just like it's own forum. That's gone, too.

I also thought I was getting email from PM's but that may be turned off due to the recent hack attack.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Email notification of PM's still works, but not of threads, and TBH if it isn't restored soon it will have a large negative effect on the forum/site as traffic is right down.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          Email notification of PM's still works, but not of threads, and TBH if it isn't restored soon it will have a large negative effect on the forum/site as traffic is right down.
          I stopped receiving threads notifications a little more than 2 weeks ago. I tried resetting my subscriptions from instant to none and back to instant but didn't make a difference. For me instant notifications are one of the most useful and important features. I check my email constantly during the day and mostly come to the forum when notified of threads updates. So as Enforcer says, no notification, no visit.

Comment

From what I understand, the hackers were using a vunerability in the thred notification system to send spam to users. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/mp3c...en-hacked.html
            After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
            New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

I am having this issue too. rdholtz had sent me a PM and i didn't notice it till like days later. Usually the forum will make this annoying green bar and red font come up. It will also put a huge PM banner on the home page when you first log in that says the user name that is PMing you. Doesn't seem to do any of that.

What I don't understand is why the f*#k do people have to do this in a community that is geared towards helping others. I have to assume maybe its some dumb @$$ that couldn't figure the Car PC thing out and is now trying to punish us all.
              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Happy New Year to you too, HJ.
                OH Sorry, didnt say it because I wanted to stay on topic, lol.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: My new year wasn't or isn't happy, its just a continuation of all the [email protected] that happened in 2009, only difference is now I have to right 2010 on all my dates, lol.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                  OH Sorry, didnt say it because I wanted to stay on topic, lol.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: My new year wasn't or isn't happy, its just a continuation of all the [email protected] that happened in 2009, only difference is now I have to right 2010 on all my dates, lol.
                  Jeez, sarcasm is lost on some people.

Don't your dates get fed up with you scribbling on them all the time? Is that a best before type thing?

Comment

Jeez, sarcasm is lost on some people.

Don't your dates get fed up with you scribbling on them all the time? Is that a best before type thing?
                    I just wasn't in a good mood. The forums were acting all buggy. I am a very very sarcastic person, in fact i have alot of people hate me for it, but on this day I just couldn't comprehend it. After i posted this message, i went to change my email to try to fix the bug with me not getting email responses and this caused me to be locked out of everything. I couldn't PM, and post in any threads. Thankfully Heather fixed the problems.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                    X