latest post mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest post mods

getting sick of clicking on a thread in the latest post box on the top page.

Could we get the mods that let you:
    1.) click over for a quick view
    2.) click on image to go straight to the latest post in a thread

These both already exist.

1 - Hover your mouse cursor over the thread title and you get the first few lines of a post.
    2 - In the LAST POST column, there's a small box next to the user that added the last post. clock on that box, and you go to the last post in the thread.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks!
      But, I'm referring to the "latest post" which shows up in the right hand box above the regular forums.

The hover only brings up the thread name which you can read without hovering over the link. Could be a problem with parsing into the box. This does work properly when you drill down to thread names within categories.

However, I should have looked a little closer because there is a tiny, little arrow pointing to the right after the latest posters name which will take you to the last read post. click value = http:// www.mp3car.com /vbulletin/road-runner/137666-rr-12-01-09-release-new-post.html

Interesting that the main forum section will take you to the last post. click value = http:// www.mp3car.com /vbulletin/announcements/137966-15-off-all-lilliput-monitors-post1361796.html#post1361796

The latest post section should really be converted a bit to make easier to access:

{ read/unread - thread name - arrow link - forum - last poster - statistics }
      * is the last poster's name really necessary?
      * change statistics to replies/views order
      * make the arrow link bigger

More than like a few lines of code to change this since it's just php file

Comment

I misunderstood what you were getting at.

Good luck with any changes to forum functionality changes.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SapporoGuy View Post
          The latest post section should really be converted a bit to make easier to access:

{ read/unread - thread name - arrow link - forum - last poster - statistics }
          * is the last poster's name really necessary?
          * change statistics to replies/views order
          * make the arrow link bigger

More than like a few lines of code to change this since it's just php file
          This just how vBulletin is built.
          For me, the "last posters nick" is necessary.. Atleast a good pointer if I want to read the post now, or if it can wait til I get back from work

Comment

Just some ideas

Comment

We are all for ideas...thanks for the suggestion. I agree, it is annoying to have to click.
              Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
              • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
              • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
              • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
              • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Working...
              X