Thanks button...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks button...

Can a thanks button be implemented in this site? So every time you read something and find it useful hit it?

I'm currently member of other sites and most member use it frequently, the score of each users thanked times appears in the members avatar.

You know just a little something to keep the good vibe among ourselves.

"Most of the users you'll see in this site are still learning specially me"

what I would give for a F--- You Button...
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Originally posted by SjLucky View Post
      what I would give for a F--- You Button...
      rep system works both ways
      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
      - Always Recruiting Developers -
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
        rep system works both ways
        Just not as rewarding... Its kinda like going from a 50cal to a 9mm yeah they both get the job done, but one gives that **** eating grin like no other
        Originally posted by menudude
        thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

lmao......a 50 cal logo would definitely look a lot better then that stupid scale
          openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
          - Always Recruiting Developers -
          Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Well Thank you button is better because you can say Thank You right then and there and everyone can see that you said it. If its useful information then if people see thank you, then obviously the idea worked and people know they can do it too and get something out of it. The CF Forums have both a REP and Thank You system so it is that hard to do.
            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Speaking of the Thanks button on CF.

Personally I think it's all a load of [email protected]

especially when someone has 'Please build up my reputation ;-)' in their signature, yet when I help them TWICE in the same thread, they don't either click the THANKS button or build me reputation.

I mean I'm not that fussed where my reputation level is, but I just find begging for reputation and not giving . . . . .

Comment

Well...

For most of the senior members building a project like a carputer is nothing, for other beginners it might mean a lot specially when the project has gone so well and the final result is an awesome experience between functionality and sound quality.
                That's how thankful I felt about this site and it's members when I finished my first install.
                I mean I had some computing skills and had build and fixed a considerable amount of machines between friends and family, but this site gave me the extra tools for my successful build.

So how cool would had been a thanks button...

Comment

Yeah, I'm also a huge fan of the thank you button. The rep system is kind of buried. I always forget to give people rep they deserve because the button is so hidden. On the CF forums theres a big huge thank you button and when someone clicks it, there is a box under the post saying "x, y, and z say thanks for this helpful post" that then encourages others to also thank because it reminds them it is there.

It also helps when you see that because then you see how many people you actually helped who didn't post in the thread.
                  My Nearly Complete Car:
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ed-car-pc.html

Micro Control Center... Control Your Car Across the Internet
                  http://www.mp3car.com/fusion-brain/1...-internet.html

Website: (It's a work in progress, really. All my projects have taken me from ever really developing it.)
                  http://paulfurtado.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                    Speaking of the Thanks button on CF.

Personally I think it's all a load of [email protected]

especially when someone has 'Please build up my reputation ;-)' in their signature, yet when I help them TWICE in the same thread, they don't either click the THANKS button or build me reputation.

I mean I'm not that fussed where my reputation level is, but I just find begging for reputation and not giving . . . . .
                    No, I agree..... The REP system on the CF forums isn't all that popular. We use the Thank you button more. Only reason I have the "Please build up my Reputation" over there is because I copy and pasted my sig, lol.

I think I haven't thanked you because I don't use your plugins, if thats what you mean. Once my setup is installed you will see Thank You. Plus don't complain, your [email protected] rep over here is astronomical.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
                      No, I agree..... The REP system on the CF forums isn't all that popular. We use the Thank you button more. Only reason I have the "Please build up my Reputation" over there is because I copy and pasted my sig, lol.

I think I haven't thanked you because I don't use your plugins, if thats what you mean. Once my setup is installed you will see Thank You. Plus don't complain, your [email protected] rep over here is astronomical.
                      You need to read more carefully, I wasn't referring to you (the wording is slightly different). I knew you would mistakenly think I was refering to you

And no it's not thanks for my plugins that I was on about.

A user with the aforementioned phrase in his signature asked a question, I answered and he said my fix worked, he then asked another question, I gave him the link to the answer. At no time did he think to add to my rep or press the Thanks post.

As for the rep here, that's from the old days and is slightly inflated when the system was abused. (Not that I don't deserve it )

Comment

Thanks... button.

Reputation and Thanks, not always means the same...

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                          You need to read more carefully, I wasn't referring to you (the wording is slightly different). I knew you would mistakenly think I was refering to you

And no it's not thanks for my plugins that I was on about.

A user with the aforementioned phrase in his signature asked a question, I answered and he said my fix worked, he then asked another question, I gave him the link to the answer. At no time did he think to add to my rep or press the Thanks post.

As for the rep here, that's from the old days and is slightly inflated when the system was abused. (Not that I don't deserve it )
                          LOL, you know me like a book. You know I always jump to conclusions.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                          X