The New MP3Car.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New MP3Car.com

Between myself and zip-lock we have finally convinced moon it's time to re-do the site... here's out ideas and feel free to add any of your own (almost anything will be considered).
    • One login for entire site
    • Faster loading examples page
    • http based file manager for usersites
    • a FAQ
    • purchasable ads (to fund hosting and etc.) http://mp3car.com/advertise.htm
    • Quick reply hack for vbulletin Done! 05/08

Only thing that may inconvience you is no ftp for the usersites... but that's been buggy for awhile anyway

We are also taking suggestions/submissions for new layouts

hmm i did not even know i had a ftp or usersite i could use on here lol
    oh i know move the darn search button so its not hidden on systems that are not running in like 1024x768 res lol
    WINNER!!!!
    run-on sentance comp 2002!!
    :)

Comment

Originally posted by oddcomp
      hmm i did not even know i had a ftp or usersite i could use on here lol
      oh i know move the darn search button so its not hidden on systems that are not running in like 1024x768 res lol
      and make it 80x700 across the top of the window

Maybe the retailers that frequent the forum could "rent" an area of the site to post their members only offerings. One might need to be a member of mp3car.com to reach this section as well.
      aka Kumaneko
      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

I think ads are fine...as long as they don't turn into something like avsforum.com.
        No Carputer YET.
        A car I'm designing...

Comment

Please by all means make the mp3car.com link on the bottom of the page link to mp3car.com/vbulletin and not to mp3car.com When you reply to a long page you have to scroll all the way to the top to go back to the forums. Why not make that link, link to the fourms.
          What im curently listening to.
          My complete carpc setup

Comment

Originally posted by osirisdon
            Please by all means make the mp3car.com link on the bottom of the page link to mp3car.com/vbulletin and not to mp3car.com When you reply to a long page you have to scroll all the way to the top to go back to the forums. Why not make that link, link to the fourms.
            Done!

Originally posted by Filip
            I think ads are fine...as long as they don't turn into something like avsforum.com.
            ads would be in the top-right of your screen. (that blue blank space) and don't worry about pop-ups... they are annoying and not having them is less coding for me

Comment

Originally posted by bgoodman
              Done!

ads would be in the top-right of your screen. (that blue blank space) and don't worry about pop-ups... they are annoying and not having them is less coding for me
              the quick-reply box pwns. Ads will be in another frame anyways right? the bookmark for this forum is
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sear...&action=getnew so I dont care
              -
              My cars
              -

Comment

Originally posted by osirisdon
                In most browsers (I think) you can just hit the "home" key to return to the top of the page.. if not.. you could just hold the pgup key

Anyway, your request has been fulfilled, but if you have this problem on another forum, you'll be able to use this new found power!
                aka Kumaneko
                "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

pr0n?

Comment

I don't know if this is helpful or not: I've a couple of friends that run a forum site, and the forum software they use seems to do a lot more than our current software - ref http://www.ausmicro.com

I don't knwo if a change to something like this is a good idea or not. The front page always seems a little crowded and busy, but it does seem more dynamic, with different things going on.

If nothing else, it's something to consider.

C!
                    http://carpc.riposte.net
                    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

That site doesn't resolve for me, and having not seen the other BB (ikonboard? ubb? phpbb? zeroforum?) that VBB is a big step up from the UBB board that we had. And make with the new site already, nownownow!
                      -Nick

Comment

how about a mp3.com wap page for cell phones just a thought some general info or something

Comment

How about one of the various user-generatable FAQ things out there? We do tend to get a lot of FAQs, and it would be helpful to have something the community could add to and edit ourselves.

I would also love to see some sort of user-maintaned links thing. It would ideally let you organize it by section, so we could, for example, have a power supply section and link to all the various manufacturers.

It seems like you/MooN/Ziplock/whoever else aren't going to be able to keep a web page as up to date as the community here can, so give us the tools to do it ourselves.

Twostep

Comment

It would be nice to see some of the people that advertise on this board put some money back into the site through advertisement sponsorship.
                            I'm sure that without this site a lot of them would not have been so profitable.

Comment

okay, this instant reply thing is sorta weird - is there any way to turn it off?
                              Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
                              Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
                              Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
                              www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

Working...
                              X