Problems with new Forum? Post Here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new Forum? Post Here!

Ok so as you can see the switch is made. I will list known issues, then feel free to post problems you guys are having

KNOWN ISSUES
    - old avatars are showing, not new ones
    - One of our admins sees blank pages on some threads
    - One of our new admins can't log in.
    - the column with on the blog is smaller than before

oooh! First post on the new forums!

Comment

Looks great so far! great work!

Comment

There are 2 posts that are moderated, but when I log into the mod CP, they aren't there.

Old avatars.... I haven't had this avatar for about 3 years!!!
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by optikalefx View Post
          Ok so as you can see the switch is made. I will list known issues, then feel free to post problems you guys are having

KNOWN ISSUES
          - old avatars are showing, not new ones
          - One of our admins sees blank pages on some threads
          - One of our new admins can't log in.
          - the column with on the blog is smaller than before
          The other known issue is that Sean is still here on a Friday night at 10:51. If we don't get any serious bug reports in the next 20-30 minutes were going to sign off for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by meddler View Post
            I got my spooky looking head back.

Comment

What 2 posts need to be moderated? Are you saying that people are able to post without having to go through moderation? Or they need to be moderated and its not showing up for you to moderate?

Originally posted by meddler View Post
              There are 2 posts that are moderated, but when I log into the mod CP, they aren't there.

Comment

The prior version had a way to select which sub forums would show up in a new post search, could you point me to that feature in this version? This was a big help and will be a deal breaker for me if not in the new version.

I am not able to find where to view my feedback/reputation. Am I missing it?

Cheers
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

wiki links throughout every post-- every time someone types "about", for example, it is a link to "about road runner"... really annoying for me-- i run my mouse along certain members posts to keep track of where i am...

minor:
                  my avatar is non-existent(though maybe no one liked it anyways )

no 'new posts' icon in older, but updated threads..

but i'll be double checking my user cp for some of this..
                  My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                  "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

there are 2 posts required to be moderated, when I go to the CP they are not there to approve
                    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

your reputation is those green bars above your image. You have 5/10 it looks like.
                      The new post search - thats the option in the nav bar? you hit that and it let you select which sub forums to be included? or is that not the section your talking about?

Originally posted by TruckinMP3 View Post
                      The prior version had a way to select which sub forums would show up in a new post search, could you point me to that feature in this version? This was a big help and will be a deal breaker for me if not in the new version.

I am not able to find where to view my feedback/reputation. Am I missing it?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by optikalefx View Post
                        your reputation is those green bars above your image. You have 5/10 it looks like.
                        The new post search - thats the option in the nav bar? you hit that and it let you select which sub forums to be included? or is that not the section your talking about?
                        Not it on both, we used to be able exclude sub forums from a new post search by changing settings for our user control panel.

The feedback I was asking about is the comments left by other users, also was viewable in our user CP.
                        TruckinMP3
                        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3 View Post
                          Not it on both, we used to be able exclude sub forums from a new post search by changing settings for our user control panel.

The feedback I was asking about is the comments left by other users, also was viewable in our user CP.
                          Im looking into the search question - that may have been a plugin i need to find for the new version. I had missed importing the visitor message table, i've done that now. so it should be back soon. Although i searched the raw database and you don't have any visitor messages?

Comment

Looks great, will take a little bit to get used to where everything is again.
                            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                            RRMedia
                            RRExtended
                            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

maybe i am missing it, but is there a user-specific setting to turn the little page icon on new posts yellow? like what the older version did?(oh crap, i just did what i wish my customers didn't do-- feel free to roll your eyes and laugh..) and is there a spot that i can turn off the links to the wiki?
                              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                              X