Need some help from you guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help from you guys

I'm doing some mods on the forum, and have found a need for a list of car computer terms for several reasons.

1) The wiki auto-linking. I want this to be way smarter, and in order to do so we need that list
    2) Relevant hardware. I'm trying to show some hardware that people might be looking for in the search and there are lots of words in car computing that are not in the english dictionary.
    3) Forum search - I'm implementing a "did you mean" engine, and it needs to know about car computer terms so it won't correct them.

Basically I need lists of words or phrases all separated by newline (enter key). If anyone or multiple people can help me out, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

This is by no means comprehensive:

motherboard
    RAM
    hard drive
    power supply
    CD
    DVD
    USB
    GPS
    navigation
    software
    case
    operating system
    front-end
    bluetooth
    LCD
    touchscreen
    shutdown controller
    MP3
    voice control
    audio
    sound card
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

If you are improving the search, can we have a check box to get rid of:

'The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:'

Because if I do a seach for any of my cars, BMW E36 or BMW E46 I get that above message.

A checkbox that tells the search engine to just 'king search for what I have asked for a not make any decisions on it's own would be appreciated.

(NB must really tell google to do the same thing. "Here are the results for 'something I didn't ask for' do you wish to search for 'what I actually typed' instead?" )

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
        If you are improving the search, can we have a check box to get rid of:

'The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:'

Because if I do a seach for any of my cars, BMW E36 or BMW E46 I get that above message.

A checkbox that tells the search engine to just 'king search for what I have asked for a not make any decisions on it's own would be appreciated.

(NB must really tell google to do the same thing. "Here are the results for 'something I didn't ask for' do you wish to search for 'what I actually typed' instead?" )
        If i give you what you want, will you give me what i want? (car computer terms list) [deal makin' lol]

Comment

So i've improved the search limit BUT i have to rebuild the search index in order for it to take. Which is server intensive apparently. So Ill wait till this evening to do that.

Comment

Power
            Audio
            Video
            Interior
            Exterior
            Fabrication
            Networking
            Sensors
            Custom
            OEM
            Smartphone