mp3car.com store compromised?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3car.com store compromised?

I started receiving junk e-mail today via a dedicated hard to guess e-mail address I used for the mp3car.com store several years ago (looks like the new store uses the VB account, so I am guessing old store data was used). I have a different address for the forums, so I'm not sure how else the address could have been obtained. Has anyone else noticed this?

This is the e-mail I received (link removed to avoid malware infections):

Subject: shares of American Match on the market unknown to his confreres.

http://*** amala, up/down, hot/cold, fast/slow, light/dark, lova/unlovingnass and thara is a balanca point within aach. Whan doas hot bacoma cold, light bacoma dark, thara ara many dagraas

Hmm. That e-mail address goes into three systems we don't control:. 1. Volusion, 2. mailchimp for our monthly newsletters 3. our shipping system. There is also a possibility that this might have been compromised by a system on your end. If you want us to look further into this, maybe you can send an e-mail to store@mp3car.com with the details and we'll dig deeper. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Originally posted by electron View Post
    I started receiving junk e-mail today via a dedicated hard to guess e-mail address I used for the mp3car.com store several years ago (looks like the new store uses the VB account, so I am guessing old store data was used). I have a different address for the forums, so I'm not sure how else the address could have been obtained. Has anyone else noticed this?

This is the e-mail I received (link removed to avoid malware infections):

Subject: shares of American Match on the market unknown to his confreres.

http://*** amala, up/down, hot/cold, fast/slow, light/dark, lova/unlovingnass and thara is a balanca point within aach. Whan doas hot bacoma cold, light bacoma dark, thara ara many dagraas

Comment

Working...
    X