What's going on with the forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with the forum?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 62 bytes) in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/vbulletin/global.php on line 146

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

I keep getting this!

makes me

please make bosstone

and I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you guys do with this forum!!!!!!!!
    BossTone74

I'm not sure why you're getting those... but we are running a beta version of the forum software now so i would bet that it's somehow related

Comment

and I hate it, my ****'s all moved around
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

And the skin went to the default skin, and then back to the old forum skin.

And the notification mails have stopped being sent. I started a thread about it, but only 3 people seem to have the problem.
        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by bosstone74
          Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 62 bytes) in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/vbulletin/global.php on line 146

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

I got this too for a while. It's gone now, I changed nothing my end, even using the same session of IE6:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 89 bytes) in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/vbulletin/global.php on line 146

This is a new thing for me. I ran windows update yesterday which did grab some patches to IE6 (quite a few actually), but things were running ok earlier today after the update. My system config is (if it's useful at all to help track the problem down):

P3-800, 512Mb Ram, ASUS CUSL2
          Win98SE 4.10.2222 A
          IE 6.0.2800.1106IC
          IE Cipher Strength : 128-bit
          IE Update Versions: SP1; Q324929; q313829; Q810847; Q818529; Q813951; Q330994;

Rob
          Old Systems retired due to new car
          New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

ahhh me too ''Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/vbulletin/showthread.php(1578) : eval()'d code on line 298''

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Comment

it's a known error with no real fix

Comment

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/vbulletin/showthread.php(1578) : eval()'d code on line 298

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
                Just got that one. From my knowledge, its because of a few things.. You have bad RAM (really, it could be that simple) or your PHP buffer size is changing You can set the buffer in a .htaccess file.
                1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
                  Just got that one. From my knowledge, its because of a few things.. You have bad RAM (really, it could be that simple) or your PHP buffer size is changing You can set the buffer in a .htaccess file.
                  Care to elaborate?

Comment

Sounds like the server box can't alllocate the memeory required to run the page. Either the vB is leaking memory like a seive, or vB v3beta has a lot higher memory requirements.
                    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by bgoodman
                      Care to elaborate?
                      It's probably not either of those, actually. PHP most likely just got itself into an infinite (or very large) loop somehow, and the memory protection kicked it out with this. It's probably a simple bug in the forum software -- If I had to guess at it, there was a bad JOIN in a DB query and the database returned way too many records (IE thousands or millions). I would not sweat your setup. It's probably just fine.

BTW - It doesn't show our car out to the side anymore that was very handy to see where people were coming from with their responses, etc.
                      MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                      See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                      Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                      Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                      BMW I-Bus Integration
                      My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

True, never thought of the PHP limitations. Does look to be a PHP type error responce. Might be worth adding some error/warning handling code temporarily, and set it to log rather than fatal display errors. That way, if it isn't displayed, but is logged you know it is PHP that is kicking the error.
                        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by gork
                          BTW - It doesn't show our car out to the side anymore that was very handy to see where people were coming from with their responses, etc.
                          Fixed... they had moved where that lived in the templates

Comment

and what happened with the SEARCH button on the newbie posts?
                            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                            I'M DEBT FREE!!
                            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I'm working on it... I also upgraded to vb3 beta5 to see if that will cut down on the errors.

Comment

Working...
                              X