Sig Len

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Len

How about increasing the length of our Sigs?
    255 chars is a bit low for someone with a SIZE=2 font and wishing to display the details of their carPC install.

I realize that many folks use a MASSIVE font in their sigs, and that 255 is an attempt to curb excessive uses of such things. That is why I'm suggesting we discuss forceably making all sigs a smaller font than the default. Sigs are supposed to be details about the person posting, and should not be distracting from the main post. Thus, making it a smaller font would enhance that ideology.

In addition, I noticed that tags are included in said character limitation. If I have a URL in my sig 100 chars long, I will only get 255-100-taglen to post (~143 chars) MINUS the tags it took me to get the decreased size in font (-15 chars).

The result is a pitifully short number of chars to display the size of my member. I ask you: Isn't my member large enough to warrant a larger number of chars?
    http://www.jeepmp3.com/
    CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
    Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Originally posted by PatO
    I realize that many folks use a MASSIVE font in their sigs, and that 255 is an attempt to curb excessive uses of such things. That is why I'm suggesting we discuss forceably making all sigs a smaller font than the default. Sigs are supposed to be details about the person posting, and should not be distracting from the main post. Thus, making it a smaller font would enhance that ideology.
    I never even thought about a sig being distracting,thanks for pointing it out
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I need to have larger font sizes in my sig to show off my programs. Otherwise people don't know about them
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
        I need to have larger font sizes in my sig to show off my programs. Otherwise people don't know about them
        What did you say? I got distracted with the massive text size in your sig.
        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
        Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

lol, i could use a few more characters too, well at least make the tags un-included in the char count.
          -GiZak-
          Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
          Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady
            What did you say? I got distracted with the massive text size in your sig.

Its not just the text size... its also the colors
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l

Its not just the text size... its also the colors
              You should try something more like this.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady
                You should try something more like this.
                That would distract me from post whoring j/k
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                X