Request for a torrent section.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for a torrent section.

A Torrent section to share these hard-to-find programs to run our little dream machines would be a great idea. Maybe on a already established torrent site if the owners are worried abuot copyrights and scary lawyers...
    I personally like thepiratebay.org
    I have things to contribute as well but it would be nice to have a trade program so i can aquire programs I need. If the moders and owner don't like that idea but anyone else who does like it, leave me a msg and we will organize something.

We can't be seen to be openly endorsing pirate software sites
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

we had a DC++ hub goin on a little while back, but that wasn't really affiliated with mp3car.com exactly. Probably not a good idea to be posting this suggestion though, we need to support developers that develop commercial things like mobile GPS and such, because without them, what would we have?
      My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
      2 Kicker Comp 10"
      Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
      Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
      Check it out?!

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, knowledge belongs to the world. I'll donate, but I refuse to pay up to 200 dollars for decent software.

Comment

with that atitude what's to inspire developers to investing huge time & resources to development? how many people you know that work for free?

stealing is stealing, no matter how you "justify" it....
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Nothings free in this world, only MP3CAR forum membership

If you've never paid for expensive software, pressumably you have downloaded stuff via NG's Torrents, P2P etc... In which case you know the sites and how to do it, so why the request for a forum on here that will attract lots of attension, probably get the torrents closed, and will certainly alienate this forum from the likes og IG, Powerloc, etc. It will ultimately make software harder to find, not easier!!!
              NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

agreed. If Nike spends $5 to make a pair of shoes and sells them at $200, it still doesn't give you the right to steal them. You can choose not to buy the shoes.
                iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Pokiarchy
                  As far as I'm concerned, knowledge belongs to the world. I'll donate, but I refuse to pay up to 200 dollars for decent software.
                  And it's that mentality that drives up software prices for those that actually do purchase it.

The knowledge isn't the issue. It's the multitudes of hours spent putting that knowledge in a usable form that belongs to the person or group that codes the software. Why shouldn't someone that creates a product that is wanted by others be compensated for the work they put into it?

You don't work for free. Why should programmers?
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                    And it's that mentality that drives up software prices for those that actually do purchase it.
                    yes... if everyone paid for software it would be half as much..... kinda like taxes

Comment

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                      2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                      2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by ShawJohn
                        Nothings free in this world, only MP3CAR forum membership
                        Unfortunately, even the forums aren't free -- It is the revenue from the mp3car.com store that pays for the server and the bandwidth. So if we happen to be a few dollars more than a competitor, you should just consider that your donation to keep the forums up and running. Now, if we're more than just a few dollars above our competitors, it likely means that we've simply been too busy to update the store, and in those cases you should let us know and we'll consider adjusting prices. We don't play price-matching games, but we're not out to gouge anyone either.

-g.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokiarchy
                          Piracy is bad m'kay...I do agree that paying outrages prices for mediocre software is not a great thing. However, there are plenty of free alternatives going around if you're willing to learn. For instance, I don' feel like paying $150+ for WinXP x64, so I'm thinking of making the switch to Linux. The best way to do something about software prices is to not buy it & not priate it either...just my opinion

"I'm a dick!"
                          "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
                            yes... if everyone paid for software it would be half as much..... kinda like taxes

Bahhaha! That's comical. Ever run a business, friend? Oh, shoot, we're making way more money now, we should lower our prices. AS IF! Software vendors just like any other vendors are out there to make as much money as possible!

I say, if you're really enjoying the software (ie you play the whole game, use the OS, use the graphics program for work, etc), then you should rightfully pay for it, at whatever price the company is asking.

If you just want to check it out and see what its about, then download away and try it. Just NEVER sell something you didn't pay for!

Comment

... a few

Comment

Working...
                              X