Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spammers must Die

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spammers must Die

    Spamming is becomeing a real nuisance lately.

    I think all the veteran members should have the ability to put accounts on hold for members that have <10 post, when we feel they are spamming. Then the mods/admins can either delete or enable the account after they have reviewed the accounts there were put on hold. Alot of the spam thread pop up when most of the mods are not visiting the forums.

    These spam thread are comming up more often. The other night this guys posted like 10 spam thread. Someone could have stopped him after the first one, instead of him polluting the forums with garbage.

    What do you all thing?
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

    Check Out My Install!!!

  • #2
    i agree. obviously not me, but there should be a group of selected people who can freeze posting of members with less than 10 or 20 posts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe add some dedicated members but not all. Too hard to police.
      TruckinMP3
      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

      Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

      Read the FAQ!

      Comment


      • #4
        i totally support mp3car and the mp3car community however it seem there is a lack of interest and or experience in using vbulletin. ive seen many nice things and features on other sites using vbull and have suggested them many quite useful http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70439

        without frodo or someone witht the time or expertise (i asuume anyway) i dont think we will see much of it

        what happened to user rating..................
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

        LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

        GPSGasoline- Rewriting

        Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

        iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

        CarPCNetwork

        Comment


        • #5
          maybe we need a wider range of mods on.


          As I see it all the MODS are US which means they are times when it is likely there are no MODS on.

          If there was some European or Aussie mods as well then there would be more time zones covered.


          just a thought.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd be willing to help police the forum for damn spammers!!

            Peace,

            Rafster
            Post # 3000

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Quattro
              Spamming is becomeing a real nuisance lately.

              I think all the veteran members should have the ability to put accounts on hold for members that have <10 post, when we feel they are spamming. Then the mods/admins can either delete or enable the account after they have reviewed the accounts there were put on hold. Alot of the spam thread pop up when most of the mods are not visiting the forums.

              These spam thread are comming up more often. The other night this guys posted like 10 spam thread. Someone could have stopped him after the first one, instead of him polluting the forums with garbage.

              What do you all thing?

              I'll volunteer as well. If you look at a lot of the spam in OT, I've been one of the first, if not the first poster. That's because I often work 3rd shift, just waiting for something to break. I spend a lot of time on these forums.
              www.bradleyjacobs.com

              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

              Comment


              • #8
                I volunteer as well.
                Whenever I see a spammer, I report it to xBrady through MSN messenger. He's the only mod/admin that I have on MSN (since Frodo has gone MIA, anyway), and I'm certain that I must annoy the **** out of him, because I'm IMing him 2 or 3 times a week because there's a spammer.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?



                Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DarquePervert
                  I volunteer as well.
                  Whenever I see a spammer, I report it to xBrady through MSN messenger. He's the only mod/admin that I have on MSN (since Frodo has gone MIA, anyway), and I'm certain that I must annoy the **** out of him, because I'm IMing him 2 or 3 times a week because there's a spammer.
                  Hey, what's xBrady's MSN? I can help with letting him know about the spammers too...

                  Peace,

                  Rafster
                  Post # 3000

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yeah, you guys like my idea.
                    I thought I was going to be told to shut up like all my other ideas.

                    so when does this get implemented?
                    Zip-Lock? gnomad?
                    Installed
                    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

                    Check Out My Install!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Quattro
                      yeah, you guys like my idea.
                      I thought I was going to be told to shut up like all my other ideas.

                      so when does this get implemented?
                      Zip-Lock? gnomad?
                      It's funny, most of the suggestions and comments go unimplemented even if there's a lot of user that feel it would be a good idea....

                      Peace,

                      Rafster
                      Post # 3000

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        All of the mods get an email when someone clicks the 'report post' button. I get them every morning from DP. Not a day goes by that he hasn't found one that should be deleted.

                        I think the observation about mainly US mods is a good one. We've got quite a few mods and even if I don't have time to read all the posts (like lately), I always jump over to the reported posts and take them down. I usually ban the users as well.

                        A little more diversity is probably the solution here. I'll post up a link to this thread in the mods forum so zip/gnomad/fiberoptic will see it.
                        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                        Want to:
                        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Rafster
                          go unimplemented even if there's a lot of user that feel it would be a good idea....
                          7 users out of 34938 is not a lot. 0.02 of 1 percent.

                          I vote no to the idea of allowing anyone to disable accounts. I vote yes to recruiting more admin. I'm in the US, work 3rd shift, and am on all night long from work. I'm up for crippling spammers, I don't want/need access for anything more.
                          www.mobile-effects.com

                          Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

                          Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Id say there is a problem here with lack of moderation, and not just spammers.
                            Is this where the witty comment goes?
                            97 Black pearl Mazda Miata MX-5 Carpc V2? maybee..

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X