'View my posts' button/link?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'View my posts' button/link?

I"m sure this is a feature in vBulletin, as I've used it on some other boards I frequent. It's basically a link that searches and lists all the posts that I've made. I know I can go to the advanced search and search by username, but the view my posts link is much faster and less time consuming. Maybe it can be added to that box that shows when you last visited, or maybe to the quick links drop down, but I'll let the powers that be sort that out.

Thanks

How about right there?
    Attached Files
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady View Post
      How about right there?
      Come on, he wants a button. So what if there are 3 or 4 other ways to get the same information, he wants a button

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
        Come on, he wants a button. So what if there are 3 or 4 other ways to get the same information, he wants a button

Michael
        Hehe, All in good fun
        Installed.

Comment

yea, i know about those methods, it's just that i've seen it on other boards as a link right on every page. It was just a thought

Comment

This forum shows only the last 500 posts.

Comment

i agree with kamikaze2112 it would be nice to have a button, instead of having to first find a thread with a post by me to click on my name. Thats really only ment to find post made by other people. I use it all the time on other boards, much easier to keep track of threads you need to reply to etc. I hate the email notification sending me tons of email a day.
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

You can turn off email notification dude I have to subscribe to everything I post on to keep track, but email notification is disabled.

'98 Peugeot 306
                Project Status: I sold it ages ago!

ShutControl

The ultimate shutdown control software for laptops.

Comment

im aware of that a button is still the way to go though. All other methods require multiple steps which gets a little old day in and day out.

A few days ago, maybe even a week im not sure, but for a brief moment it used to say next to each thread how many post you had in that thread, that was pretty cool, not sure why that was turned off.

beer replenishment fund
                  mp3car live search

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
                    i...a button is still the way to go though. All other methods require multiple steps which gets a little old day in and day out...
                    He's right. WiredWRX's criticism is pointless as usual (did you enjoy that ban you earned, big fella?). There's no good reason NOT to have a button for a common function, and the fact that one must go through multiple steps is less efficient.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
                      He's right. WiredWRX's criticism is pointless as usual (did you enjoy that ban you earned, big fella?). There's no good reason NOT to have a button for a common function, and the fact that one must go through multiple steps is less efficient.
                      Who said there wasn't a good reason? How about, every little thing adds to the forum clutter. If you want a one step option make a bookmark to your own show all posts link:
                      parksgm
                      liquid_smoke
                      kamikaze2112
                      Installed.

Comment

On a few other forums I visit, the link for this is in the "Quick Links" pulldown, right under "Who's Online". I use it all the time and miss it here. Would be cool if it was added.
                        {Xenarc 700TSV} {Celeron M 1.3 ghz} {ASUS mATX mobo w/CT479} {MX440 128mb AGP} {1x512mb RAM} {3.5" Seagate 40gb (rated at 350 G's)} {M1-ATX}

MY INSTALLATION LOG

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady View Post
                          Who said there wasn't a good reason? How about, every little thing adds to the forum clutter. If you want a one step option make a bookmark to your own show all posts link:
                          parksgm
                          liquid_smoke
                          kamikaze2112
                          umm, I would think you would know this but the server does not save searches. So you links are useless after a little while.
                          Installed
                          Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                          512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                          Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                          [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro View Post
                            umm, I would think you would know this but the server does not save searches. So you links are useless after a little while.
                            Wrong links, sorry. You can still do what I intended by using the correct links:
                            parksgm
                            liquid_smoke
                            kamikaze2112
                            Installed.

Comment

well in the mean time i guess ill just add the above link to my favorites, and not hold my breath. Works just the same i guess. Would be better if it just listed the threads and not every post though.

beer replenishment fund
                              mp3car live search

Comment

Working...
                              X