Enough about Street Deck already

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough about Street Deck already

Can we see some front page news on other things? How about New LCD's, Mobos, power supplies.
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

i agree. plus i tried it on 3 dif pc's and it still does not work. It would be nice to see a front end for sale that actually works.
    The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
    CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
    PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
    Memory:1G
    Drives:160gig
    WI-FI:Cingular
    GPS:IG2k9
    Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
    The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

If it's that big a deal, bookmark the main forum page and skip the main mp3car homepage all together. The URL is http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

Hell, I actually use StreetDeck, and that's what I do.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

It's what these guys are making a living at. They own the site and the domain. It's what they have chosen to do. They are still supporting the hobbiests by and large.

Why aren't you seeing new LCDs, mobos, or PSUs? Because there aren't any new ones right now.....
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post

It's what these guys are making a living at. They own the site and the domain. It's what they have chosen to do. They are still supporting the hobbiests by and large.

Why aren't you seeing new LCDs, mobos, or PSUs? Because there aren't any new ones right now.....

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I don't understand why people hate SD

Comment

why?

because it's conforming to 'the man'

no! don't conform! don't conform to the man!

be like us, don't conform!

Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i'm still of the mind you DONT come into a mans home and start talking about how fat his wife is.....while i dont use SD these guys have put a LOT of work into it. and if they want to market it from now until George W takes up scientology then let them. i bookmark 'new posts' if i dont want to see it.
                ...you know, that guy...

Comment

It's what these guys are making a living at.
                  How they make a living is what we buy from them. If they want more sales, show more/different stuff.
                  2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                  Sound Stage
                  Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                    If it's that big a deal, bookmark the main forum page and skip the main mp3car homepage all together. The URL is http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

I dont dislike streedeck, just tired of the same old thing. Why does Amazon.com, Best Buy, Ebay etc change the front page to completely different items? So you get a following to check what is new and perhaps buy. What you are saying is to completely ignore the most important marketing vehicle they have, the front page.

I dont know for sure, but I assume the customer base is mostly us diehards, so we know they have streetdeck, we know its good we dont have to be told over and over again.

Guess I will link directly to the forums as well.
                    Sound Stage
                    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post

The little I do visit... this is what I do. Ignore the sales pitch.
                      TruckinMP3
                      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by -zip- View Post
                        I dont dislike streedeck, just tired of the same old thing. Why does Amazon.com, Best Buy, Ebay etc change the front page to completely different items? So you get a following to check what is new and perhaps buy. What you are saying is to completely ignore the most important marketing vehicle they have, the front page.

I dont know for sure, but I assume the customer base is mostly us diehards, so we know they have streetdeck, we know its good we dont have to be told over and over again.

Guess I will link directly to the forums as well.
                        What I'm seeing is that you're assuming you know exactly what these guys are up to.
                        What I can tell you is that this forum is only a small part of it. They are working on a lot of great products and deals....which is why they are here at SEMA...

Take the APR VW running StreetDeck software: http://www.goapr.com/VW/news/sema_gti.html

Take the collaboration with Intel, with VW, and the newely awarded 'Best New Mobile Electronics Product' at SEMA the VMOD: http://www.streetdeck.com/press.php

The VW: http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/27/i...ration-at-idf/

http://news.com.com/1606-2_3-6119422.html

I'm seeing people complain about it not working, but I'm not seeing anyone say exactly what isn't working.

I'm talking to the lead developer, this guy has spent 4 years on StreetDeck, apparently he's DYING to get feedback on it and know what people are running into. But the only thing he's seeing is 'It didn't work', no one cares to go into any more detail, no one can provide him with exactly what they were doing, or anything that is necessary to trouble shoot and debug...

Regarding the $99 price for the package without the maps, look for it to happen real soon... Ya'll can thank me later

Things will change on the front page, just keep in mind that mp3car.com isn't some multimillion dollar corporation. This is a start-up company with astronomical potential. They have an incredible amount of interest being shown on all fronts (store as well as street deck).

Short end of the story is that they are working on a lot of things. To think you know exactly what this company is doing is to be naive. Rather than complain about it all the time, why not do something to try and improve it? Why not help find the new products that you want to see on the front page? Why follow? Why not try and lead?
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

no! don't conform! don't conform to the man!

i think its "da man"
                          Damn hippies

I think Streetdeck looks great and its easy to use. Kudos. I haven't bought it yet but may in the future.

I like the customizeablitiy of Roadrunner at the moment.

If Streetdeck could implement some audio tuning features i think the software would be extremely attractive.
                          System always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by durwood View Post
                            If Streetdeck could implement some audio tuning features i think the software would be extremely attractive.
                            I spent some time talking to Chuck about it yesterday. Seed is planted, not sure what it will take to grow it though.
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

Seed is planted, not sure what it will take to grow it though.

That is what is holding me back...it might seal the deal for me. I think if they could demonstrate how it replaces all sorts of "extra" add-on audio processors and maybe bump the price up $50-150 as an add-on feature then...well you know where I stand.
                              System always under construction

Comment

Working...
                              X