This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply to post

Why would my reply to a post not get posted? I have waited a while for my post to get put on as a reply but nothing has happened.

what on earth are you talking about man?
    Current:
    [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
    [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

When I have tried to post a reply to a post it does not show up on the forum. I have tried the quick reply and the stand "post reply" methods. I guess I will see if this even shows up as a reply

Comment

happy?
        Current:

Previous:
        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

yeah i am a new member and I was able to start a thread, but any time I tried to post a reply it just would not post. Guess now it is working. Sorry if this ****ed anyone off.

Comment

no problemo dude
            Current:

Previous:

Comment

Moved to Suggestions, where it should have been posted in the first place....

Part of the efforts to control spam include new members' first few posts (5, I believe) being moderated unless they're in teh Newbie forum. (I'm pretty certain that's how it's set up)
              So your replies to posts are there, just not visible until a moderator approves them.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Just replying here as i just came across this "problem" myself and did a search on the subject.

I was making a new thread in the Newbie forum and was about to look up my post again to make sure i added all the info i intended, just to realise my post was not there..

So after some backtracking i found out the deal about the first posts need to be validated by a moderator, but the message only shows for a split sec just as you get redirected.

So for the next guy here is the message you prolly missed as you submitted:
                  Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Comment

hrrrrm, well this has just happened to me on my first post, posted a couple of times and my reply kept dissapearing. I can tell ya i never saw that message
                    took me a bit of searching to even find this thread. Might it be an idea to fix that message so it is actually displayed? Or possibly mention it somewhere in Forum Rules?

Comment

It is mentioned, but it clearly needs to be more visible - this will be fixed.

Heather
                      Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
                      • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                      • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                      • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                      • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Moderation of posts for new users- added to the rules

5. Post Moderation for New Members

In order to keep spam to a minimum on the forums, the first few posts of new members are approved by a moderator. Until the post is approved, it will remain in place, but will not be visible.

Thanks for the comment.
                        heather

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Comment

ahhh heh ok, i guess a didn't read quite that far. Fair point

Comment

I am also kind of newbie, as i occasionally registered on April this year,but i find this forum really active lately, so,keep learning here,

Comment

I am closing this one up, as we solved the problem. Please let us know if there are other areas of confusion though and I will clarify them.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X