Addition to the for Classified Forum rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition to the for Classified Forum rules

As a frequent buyer and seller on these forums, it is good to see that our texan enforcers and our members police these threads and make sure everyone is safe. However, it becomes a problem when new members or old members with few posts, become ignored altogether, alienated, or replied to with a sneer or disdain. It gives the LEGIT newbies/infrequent posters, who have somethign to sell, a bad taste in their mouth about our community. personally knwo and workwith a few people who have under 10 posts, having been here as an "observer", and have tried to sell things at good prices to no avail. Also, sometimes our members leave remarks on the new seller's threads, as true as they may be, in a terrible way.

Therefore, in order for them to feel more welcome, i propose two things

1) an addition to the forum rules that is simpluy a disclaimer to people with under 10 posts or have been here for a little while

2) a forum code that alerts, in a poup box, poeple who have under 10 posts or are here under a week or half a month, that they are new here and have yet to prove themseves,and they might be met with soem resistance if they don't follow all the rules as we have had some individuals who have damaged our community. Let them know its not against them, but as a protection of the whole, and if they are a legit buyer or seller, they should spend the time reading and getting farmilier with the rules first, so that there is a less likely chance of any negative incident occuring.

I wouls suggest having the popup lead them only to therules page with a check box at the end to esure they have read it or atleast scanned throuh it, like an EULA in software installtions. This should hat many bots because i'm pretty sure they would not be expecting this. This will also give new sellers or low post sellers a bit more hope and understanding of why we are so protective of our own.

what do you guys think?
    Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
    Genesis has speed
    Genesis has class
    Genesis sent money
    before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

i think you should do what is done on d-series.org... You need at least 65 posts to even SEE the classified forums. THen once you get 65 it magically appears and you can buy/sell/trade as you please. Yea, people that come there just to find parts may *****, but overall its a great idea. Ive yet to see any issues with it. Never seen a scammer there either, because they arent going to waste time trying to get 65 posts...
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

Originally posted by inh View Post
      i think you should do what is done on d-series.org... You need at least 65 posts to even SEE the classified forums. THen once you get 65 it magically appears and you can buy/sell/trade as you please. Yea, people that come there just to find parts may *****, but overall its a great idea. Ive yet to see any issues with it. Never seen a scammer there either, because they arent going to waste time trying to get 65 posts...
      i agree this isnt ebay and mp3car will have much less of a problem policing the classifieds this way too

it weeds out the spammers and ripoff artists im sure a true enthusiast could come up with 30-35 meaningful posts
      30-35 seems better tho
      .______
      | '_ |__\___
      [(o)|___(o)] XB
      ._________
      | I__I I_I|_\__I
      [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

This is only my second post, but as you can see I have been a member for several months already. I have not posted because I use proper forum etiquette and search/read the forums for my answers. There is so much info available here already that new threads are not necessary for the most part. Also, as a newbie to the hobby I feel out of place attempting to answer questions for people when there are FAR more qualified members here to help. I understand the need for policing the Classifieds section, but post count is not a good indicator of whether or not a person is trustworthy.
        U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security's Guide to Surviving a Terrorist Attack ;)

Comment

It isn't just newbs ripping people off. There have been several members with hundred or thousands of posts that have ripped people off. xdj is a good example.
          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
          Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

hehe i'm aware. that's what i'm saying. post count is nto a viable judge of thje character of a seller. if you view post counts there are only several hundred of us who have over 500 posts and also there are alot of people, as i said, use the search button more than redundant posts. we can do a sign in sheet for people who want to sell, with things like addresses and phone numbers that only the mods and the buyer can see incase soemthing goes down. I mean, if your info is up there (yes you can lie, but once yoru ip is there, you can be tracked down).

Anyways, just something to think about.

THE GF THEME
            Genesis has speed
            Genesis has class
            Genesis sent money
            before your a__;)

Comment

unless they give that info from a public hotspot, or form someone elses unsecured wifi..

True, post count is not a good indicator of a persons trustworthyness. But this is the interenet.. there is no such indicator.. Also, having a mod keep a list of all that info wont happen, unless there is a seriously motivated mod who wants to deal with the headache..

The fact is, people get ripped off online. It can happen anywhere; real world, internet, doesnt matter... Buying and selling online is a risk people take. Requiring a high post count will help keep newbs from coming and ripping off other people. It also encourages a stronger community by getting people to post. I just threw it out there as one solution.

I'm not sure what issues the classifides here suffer from, so I cant focus specificially on them. I'm just saying... people get ripped off no matter what you do
              cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
              cashtexts review not a scam
              Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
              RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

Perhaps requiring a high post count before selling an item is more necessary than before buying an item.
                U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security's Guide to Surviving a Terrorist Attack ;)

Comment

unless they give that info from a public hotspot, or form someone elses unsecured wifi..

True, post count is not a good indicator of a persons trustworthyness. But this is the interenet.. there is no such indicator.. Also, having a mod keep a list of all that info wont happen, unless there is a seriously motivated mod who wants to deal with the headache..

The fact is, people get ripped off online. It can happen anywhere; real world, internet, doesnt matter... Buying and selling online is a risk people take. Requiring a high post count will help keep newbs from coming and ripping off other people. It also encourages a stronger community by getting people to post. I just threw it out there as one solution.

I'm not sure what issues the classifides here suffer from, so I cant focus specificially on them. I'm just saying... people get ripped off no matter what you do
                  Abolutly right. There is no protection agaibst it. He could be your next door neighbro and they'll still steal stuff lol. Anywyas, i just want the selling forums bto be a nice place for sellers who have been tn the forums for a while and have a low post count. that's all.

THE GF THEME
                  Genesis has speed
                  Genesis has class
                  Genesis sent money
                  before your a__;)

Comment

Originally posted by CreamyD View Post
                    Perhaps requiring a high post count before selling an item is more necessary than before buying an item.
                    i agree with this as well, ive been here a while, but dont post much, and ive done alot of buisness in the classifieds, but yet im still a n00b...
                    Im a pilot.

I have become a cross control stall.

Comment

long live rep points !!!!!!

This message has been brounght to you by the Rep Club Restoration Guild International
                      .______
                      | '_ |__\___
                      [(o)|___(o)] XB
                      ._________
                      | I__I I_I|_\__I
                      [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception View Post
                        long live rep points !!!!!!
                        You and the infamous Rep Club were so childish that you destroyed any chance of reputation actually having any meaning.
                        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i whole heartedly disagree. an isolated 33 people do not destroy meaning for 50,000 unless the leaders make it so. Honestly, the rep club didn't make reps a bad thing and obviously, no one took the people who had them seriously. I sitll say you bring back reps, let htem have their fun, and call it a good day.

HOWEVER...

reps will not help in this situation, we can save the fight for another forums. This is just a suggestion. If the "brass" likes it fine, i'm just saying DP, and btw, it was a comment i read of yours that started me thinking on this, it will be good for new time people who want to make money for their carputer by selling their unneeded stuff, as I did, or had things of value to the community that someone could use, then we should be more tactful in addressing our concerns of their reputation rather than treating them with a hard hand, thus leading me to my suggest and this thread.

THE GF THEME
                          Genesis has speed
                          Genesis has class
                          Genesis sent money
                          before your a__;)

Comment

Working...
                          X