Thanks mp3Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks mp3Car

Hi I just wanted to thank everyone at mp3. I received a touchscreen from them around the first of the year, ran it in the car with no problems at all. After about 3 or 4 days it went up in smoke. I contacted mp3 and talked to a gentlemen by the name of Pat. He gave me a rma and I sent it back to them. I received it fixed(although it still had the burnt smell) in less than a week! Just wanted to say thanks...and I really appreciate the way you guys do business very classy..

It lasted 3 to 4 days before going up in smoke and they only repaired it not replaced it?

I take it you had taken it apart to mould into the dash, otherwise that is very poor IMO.

Comment

Hi Enforcer, no I never touched anything on it. I was surprised myself. It is a lilli with the egg plugged into a cig outlet, they even said they had never heard of anything like it and I cant explain it. I will post a worklog later showing the very screen in a custom console(98 tahoe) no mods at all on the screen.

Comment

Hi, I'm not complaining as long as its fixed. Its been running in the tahoe for almost a month with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          Well if it onlt lasted 3-4 days before going up in smoke and you hadn't taken it apart, I would expect a replacement, not a repair. (at least here in the UK)
          None of the online companies I've RMAd through have ever sent a replacement except for refurbished replacements.
          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
          Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

well in my opinion that is unacceptable. You've paid for a new unit not a refurbished one. If it last only a few days it wasn't fit for the purpose.

If it's after a few months that's a different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
              well in my opinion that is unacceptable. You've paid for a new unit not a refurbished one. If it last only a few days it wasn't fit for the purpose.

If it's after a few months that's a different thing.
              Yeah, I can see your point.
              Installed.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady View Post
                None of the online companies I've RMAd through have ever sent a replacement except for refurbished replacements.
                That's what happens when you shop at Uncle Ray Ray's Plumbing, Electronics and Used Car Emporium.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                  That's what happens when you shop at Uncle Ray Ray's Plumbing, Electronics and Used Car Emporium.
                  No, this is mp3car dot com store.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                    You may be thinking you are getting a replacement when you RMA with newegg, tigerdirect, HP, etc.. but in most cases you aren't. You just think you are getting a replacement because you can't tell the difference.
                    Installed.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady View Post
                      You may be thinking you are getting a replacement when you RMA with newegg, tigerdirect, HP, etc.. but in most cases you aren't. You just think you are getting a replacement because you can't tell the difference.
                      Factory sealed packages are hard to miss

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyd_tx View Post
                        Factory sealed packages are hard to miss
                        Factory sealed is nice, but not hard to "re-seal".

I know that some places like Newegg don't actually fix the broken components themselves. If you RMA it, once they get it, they RMA it essentially to get a part they paid for so they can resell it. Now if multiple people have RMA'd the same part, they send you the newly returned part straight from the factory.

So you actually get a whole new board but it has been returned before as well. If they have no spares, then they send you a new one, and sell the item when it comes back as a refurb.

Not all companies do this, but good 'ol Newegg does!
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                        X