• Florida Sept 2007 Meet

Official Location.
    Where: Uncle Al's Cafe 15846 W State Road 84, Sunrise, FL
    Google Maps Link Menu with excellent wings
    After we eat then to Sunrise Markham Park Markham Park Website
    16001 West State Road 84
    Sunrise, FL 33326
    When: Sept 30, 2007 Sunday
    Time: 1PM at the cafe then to Markham park till whenever.

Due to a couple of past meets about pets, just read the link.
    Pets

This meet you can SAFELY bring your pets. there is an area just for your pets.

And this message goes to everyone that's on this forum.
    Please do not leave your pets in the car, truck, whatever with the windows cracked open!

Myself and others that help with these meets will try to find places to hold future meets that have a location for you to bring your pet. As we talked about it at the last meet.
    The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
    CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
    PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
    Memory:1G
    Drives:160gig
    WI-FI:Cingular
    GPS:IG2k9
    Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
    The Florida Meets Thread

from thatslife scouting:
    Entrance $1 per person on weekends Children 5 and under free.

Alchoholhard liqour not permitted but beer and wine is allowed and kegs only on management approval. no glass containers permitted.

NO LITTERING

cars are only permitted on parking lot areas only
    cars not permitted by pavilions, sheters and bike trails. have to legal and licensed to be in park.

pets allowed on leashes no longer than 6ft and must be under immediate control of owners. petsnot permitted to swim in lake or walk on mountain bike trails. Owners responsible of cleaning after pets.also there is a part of the park that is specifically for pets where they can run around without a leash and play (Barkham)
    The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Sounds great! This will be a nice event, as it will be in a much cooler area than in a completely paved parkinging lot. The pavilions are perfect as well, as that will give us tables in the shade, to sit and chat, or even to do some hardware work. I will bring an extension cord, to plug into my inverter, so if anything needs worked on ect, we will be able to do it. I also have a TabletPC I'll bring along, that can remote desktop or VNC into anyone's CarPC to demo it ect.

Many thanks to thatslife for driving up and checking out the park for everyone! I got a call from him on Saturday morning as he was headed out to the park to get more info.

I also think Lauderdale is a great place for a meet, as it is centralized to the south Florida area. Not too far for Miami or the Treasure Coast / Palm Beach area.

Also, a place to eat was not mentioned as of yet. There is rumor there is a nice wing place nearby, that we can meet, eat, and then drive across the street to the park. In any case, feel free to bring coolers with Ice, Soda's, Beer and any chips and snacks.

You better be able to make this meet Thanatos!

Count me in!

1) John1701
      2) JohnWPB
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

thatslife is looking for a place to eat. said there is a concession stand at the park. I am going to call the park 2morrow and see if we can reserve a spot.

I really dint mean to rant that hard on the first post everyone. i did tone it down. Would you leave your kid in the car with just the windows cracked open? Im just tired of seeing this on the news. Just ticks me. I just want people to come to these events to have fun have something to do, not to leave the event with a dead dog or kid.
        The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Thanks to thatslife for looking into this location. Weather permitting(hurricane) I'll be there.

1) John1701
          2) JohnWPB
          3) Hivoltage23k

Comment

Ill proably go back next weekend to check out the inside of the park and food on the outside since all I did was go in the office last time...

ill also see if I can scan a park map to help since it is one huge park... if anyone wants one...

john1701 the motherboard didnt work my retarded friend fried it...
            Eventually...

Comment

1) John1701
              2) JohnWPB
              3) Hivoltage23k
              4)thatslife
              Eventually...

Comment

1) John1701
                2) JohnWPB
                3) Hivoltage23k
                4) thatslife
                5) Aberrant

Comment

Looks like Lauderdale is a good location! We have more signed up for this meet in 3 days, than the last meet in 2 months

Originally posted by thatslife View Post
                  Ill proably go back next weekend to check out the inside of the park
                  Just find a nice shady spot, us Computer Geeks are allergic to the sun! hahah

I am gonna see what I can do about doing a member search for Florida here on the forums, and try to get the word out to everyone that I can.

I kinda feel sorry for the Orlando people (NOT!)... The events seem to be getting further and forther away for them! Hahahahahah!
                  Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I am starting to think this: orlandoians
                    The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                      Looks like Lauderdale is a good location! We have more signed up for this meet in 3 days, than the last meet in 2 months

Just find a nice shady spot, us Computer Geeks are allergic to the sun! hahah

I am gonna see what I can do about doing a member search for Florida here on the forums, and try to get the word out to everyone that I can.

I kinda feel sorry for the Orlando people (NOT!)... The events seem to be getting further and forther away for them! Hahahahahah!
                      lol well the spots are first come first serve also ill just see where they are since ill proabably be the first one there...
                      Eventually...

Comment

i figured that might be....i will plan to get there early to mark my territory.
                        The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by john1701 View Post
                          i figured that might be....i will plan to get there early to mark my territory.
                          Careful there! That can be considered illegal in a public place

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

What a meet in the city I live in? Now I don't have any excuses count me in

Hopefully my system will still be functioning then, I've been breaking everything I touch recently, blew my mother board in Car PC (bios update), blew my sub woofers in car (just being stupid), blew my mother board in home PC (power surge), killed hard drive on laptop (only God knows).

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Auto Nerds.

1) John1701
                            2) JohnWPB
                            3) Hivoltage23k
                            4) thatslife
                            5) Aberrant
                            6) Kimota
                            My Install

Comment

Hey I'm driving 200 miles for this meet. If some Orlando guys don't show. I say ban Orlando meets until they do show. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X