Norcal Bayarea sf Meet Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcal Bayarea sf Meet Poll

Wanted to see how many people were willing to have a Carputer Meet and what area.
    San Francisco
    26.09%
    Daly City
    13.04%
    San Jose
    26.09%
    Palo Alto
    4.35%
    Other Location
    30.43%
    Not Interested, (I think IPOD is the way to go)
    0.00%
    350z-worklog

I will vote with the majority. Which is the two of us.

Comment

Bueller?
      Wow. No one else in SF Area is interested in a meet? Costly gas prices?

Anyways, I think it would be great to see how everyone else has installed their carputers in person and see how other people projects are coming along. It would as be good to share tech experience with unfinished projects. (Am formally MECP/I.T. last 9 yrs)
      350z-worklog

Comment

the MECP is for car audio installation
        350z-worklog

Comment

Looks like it is just me and you.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Is it too late to get together and talk Car puters. I would like to see your cars and tell you what I am thinking for my project. I live in Redwood City and travel all over. I am at the beginning stages and have not put anything together yet. I am still building the car and would like to start purchasing pieces.

Lets meet for lunch or something. Maybe at an event or something.

Let me know.

Kevin

Comment

I wouldn't mind showing off my ghetto rig. I'm really looking for some ideas or possibly a helping hand with a cleaner in dash install.
              Once you've had the "Carputer" experience, you will wonder how you ever lived without it...

Comment

I think it would be cool but i would be coming from Sacramento... in a not so gas friendly truck. where is everyone coming from?
                Progress:

Planning [XXXXXXXXX-] - 90%

Building [XX--------] - 20%

Comment

If we make the date far enough in advance I can be anywhere between San Jose and Sacramento.

Kevin

Comment

Im in san jose already. Just say when and we can all get together and check out each others gear. possibly do something so that it doesnt just turn into a "hey nice setup" and then leave type of event.
                    Once you've had the "Carputer" experience, you will wonder how you ever lived without it...

Comment

KFCobra, your not too far away from me. I understand that you dont have a setup yet. If you wanna do something possibly this weekend, we can hit up frys and get you started. How much you looking to spend?

Comment

I wouldn't mind meeting there and looking at whats available and maybe buying a few pieces or components. The car is still in progress and not even running yet so I not in a huge rush but, you never know.

Kevin

Cel. 623-570-0356

Comment

Well. There is no use in buying parts so early considering that prices come down as products get older. The only thing you probably want to rush on is the RAM Modules. These are the only components that go up and down in price all the time. RAM prices are dirt cheap right now.

Comment

I have a meeting till noon today but if you still want to go I can be there later. I can tell you about my project and get your thoughts, and maybe see your project.

Comment

I just moved to Salinas from Colorado, and would love to get together and check out some other carPC's. Anyone up for a bay area meet?
                              2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                              Core Duo CarPC
                              CarDomain page

Comment

Working...
                              X