Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles area meet - June 21st 2008 !!UPDATED!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles area meet - June 21st 2008 !!UPDATED!!

When:

June 21st

Noon

Where:

Bolsa Chica State Beach

More info to follow...
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Last time I went to a SoCal meet, there were only like 5 people present. Where are you located?

Comment

I'll be down... I dont have my carPC built yet, or do I have the car its going in, but id love to look at some installs and see if I wanna ditch my headunit or build a CarPC in addition to the head unit...

Comment

Yea i don't have the CarPC installed in the Jeep yet, doing suspension this weekend... But i have missed the last few meets since i sold the GTI, so i want to see how peoples systems are looking...
        1990 Jeep Cherokee
        2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
        2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

hrm, im up for one, give me a date and if im not on a trail somewhere, ill come down and pound some pavement instead of some bolders for a day!

i also have a new console, which should be totally finished in a month or so.
          1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
          Pictures
          Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

I just got mine installed and would be down for a meet in San Diego, but not if its an all exclusive meet cause it would be way too few of us.

Maybe if we meet the day other car clubs meet.

Comment

i should be good 4 another
              Core duo
              1tb harddrive
              256 ddr
              8 lilliput
              bu-353

still installing...

Comment

Whats good for you guys? mid - late nov?

OC, Irvne or Pomona.

I like the Beach better.

Another thought i just had, since the screens show up better when its darker. We could do it at Dockweiler Beach more late afternoon to whenever, and have a bon fire and grill up some grub.
                1990 Jeep Cherokee
                2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

im down for a bonfire, but the real question is, can i drive ON the beach? legally?

and webdog, we need to hit the trails soon, i have to pull my bumper out after pismo, i messed up the plastic vallence, and also pushed the chrome bumper back a bit, now the tires rub worse than before!

went INTO a dune instead of up it!!!

i love my truck!

ok enough shameless plugging of my vehicle. im down for anything, would like to see people and have the truck be clean at the end of the day.
                  1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
                  Pictures
                  Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

im not sure about driving on the beach, ill see if i can find a local place that lets you do that...

Im installing my lift today, what a PITA was the rear leaf springs. just need to get some new u bolts and then the rear is done and on to the fronts!!!

I think we have the same wheel / tire setup, 31 / 10.5?
                    1990 Jeep Cherokee
                    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

lol, nah, stock was 265/70r16 or about 31x10, new tires are 285/75r16, which works out to be about 33x11. i LOVE my tires, and use them, as apparent by the chunks that are missing!!! stock wheels were 16x7 with i think 3.5 inch backspacing. new ones are 16x8 with i believe 4.5 backspacing to clear the upper control arms up front, causing me to rub greatly, but it doesnt matter.

no worries about driving on the beach, im not sure there are too many places in socal that do that.
                      Pictures

Comment

well i got the lift done...

2" lift with 31 x 10.5, cant wait for winter!!!

So when is good for all you guys? I want to try to do it mid - late nov if that works for all you guys.

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                        2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                        2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

The LA car show is going on that same time..... maybe we can meet there???

Comment

I know they wont let us hang out in the parking lot, they have security and PO that drive the lots.
                            1990 Jeep Cherokee
                            2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                            2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

hmmm what would be a good meeting place thats central to OC and LA and any other place people are coming from??

Comment

Working...
                              X