X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Monthly Chicago Meets

Next Meet: 2009?

Location Details:
    Busse Woods Grove 18, off Higgins Road in Schaumburg. There's easy access from both 90 and 290. For those with GPS: 42 1'50.46"N 88 1'45.16"W. For everyone else, google maps. We drift around depending on what parking is available, so just keep an eye out for us. The regular cars to watch for are a beige Intrepid with a MP3Car banner or a white Vibe with a MP3Car banner.

About the Meets:
    For those unfamiliar with the Chicago meets, everyone is welcome, regardless of whether you have a system installed or not. It's a chance to show up and shoot the **** with car PC enthusiasts. A chance to check out one anther's installs, bounce ideas off each other, you get the idea. Busse Woods is a forest preserve, so we're outside without shelter, so plan accordingly. PCFreak generally graciously provides us with a grill, and everyone generally shows up with random food related items. If you have a taste for something, grilled or otherwise, bring it along, otherwise just show up. We're generally there from 11 until they kick us out at dusk, so come when you can and leave when you have to.

General Meet Schedule:
    The general schedule is a meet on the last Sunday of every month (so long as it's not a holiday weekend). This is subject to change, so be sure to check in.

This post will be updated as the year progresses.
    -Nick

have powermate already, but t-shirt sounds interesting.....

Anyway, thanks much for contribution, Chicago gatherings are alive and dynamic, worth the effort

Ill be there, but we all know that anyway.
    Aron

Well I snt out about 30 IMs today so hopefuly this will be a good turn out.
    Aron
    New Ipad
    Zapco DSP-6SL
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
    Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

damn... i would come..except my car took a crapper a while back... and i havnt had the time to install it in my new accord.

Maybe ill show up to one later in the year
      I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

Comment

i should be there if all goes well

david

Comment

come out with or without your install

your installs don't have to be done, or even started to come, the meets are more social then anything else. Its also a great way to get idea's, and you may change how you want to do things after seeing them in place.

I should be able to make it, I'm hoping to bring my finished case with me at least.

Comment

I'll see what I got going on. Count me as a maybe. Maybe I'll have some new stuff in.
            System always under construction

Comment

I can't make this one(prior commitment) and May's gonna hafta be at least a week earlier (graduations). But if anyone's interested, I'm hosting a meet in St Louis on 19 April.
              HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

got the pm thanks

i should be able to attend depending on my work schedule for next month, dunno if ill have my rig set up by then, transferring equipment from one vehicle to another is a pain on a midnights schedule working 6 days a week ~_~ anyway either way i hope to attend
                98 Chevy Astro AWD

1969 Cadillac Deville

2009 HHR LS.... DEAD PROJECT!!

'97 Seville STS - SOLD ~_~

Comment

Giz I already said Ill be at the St Louis meet. That reminds me was gonna call jeff and jason.
                  Aron
                  New Ipad
                  Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

I should show up, as usually
                    EPIA TC 1G 256MB 60GB Linux,WindowMaker, Roadnav, Xine, XMMS, iGuidance3
                    Lilliput 8", Pharos i360, WUSB11v2.6 WiFi

Comment

well i should have everything installed and will try and show up even if i dont i may still stop in get me out of michigan for awhile lol

Comment

Originally posted by ramtruckputer View Post
                        well i should have everything installed and will try and show up even if i dont i may still stop in get me out of michigan for awhile lol
                        Come on down we are always open to new people, the chicago meets are almost cult like without the cult atmosphere.

There is probably nowhere else on earth you will see shirtless bums on bikes, kegs and a mariachi band in the same place at the same time.
                        Aron
                        New Ipad
                        Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

Originally posted by boomintrac View Post
                          Come on down we are always open to new people, the chicago meets are almost cult like without the cult atmosphere.

There is probably nowhere else on earth you will see shirtless bums on bikes, kegs and a mariachi band in the same place at the same time.
                          Aron
                          CULT is probably putting it mildly at best. Lets recap the last few years: At least 2 installs during the meet, countless removal/reinstalls (not necessarily at the meet), shooting for the record on the world's longest ongoing installation (how many month was that back seat out of the car), at least a dozen breakages and half fixed by committee on the spot, two fires, one jump start, always at least two users on time at 11AM and at least two to be thrown out of the park at closing time. Never a drunk, never a fight, always too much food and drink, AND [HL]WOMEN [/HL]ACTUALLY SHOW UP(more than once in some cases) AND AREN'T BORED TO TEARS!

HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by MindDrive View Post
                            wow hey is this an open party type of thing?

ive had to scrap 1 caddy carpc cause of the [HL]massive pot hole i hit on 55 between 126 and 30[/HL] earlier this year--- $2400+ in damages --- car's "parts" now, prolly chop it up on ebay, anyway got a 97 seville that im transferring the project over to, cept im not using a 15" monitor anymore, gonna see if i can scrap the driver airbag and put a touchscreen monitor in the steering wheel and one in the center console, but the pc itself should be a matter of removing the glovebox and dropping in the one i made for the eldorado (far as i know theyre the same basicly) hopefully i can get enough "good" days to make the transfer but im dealing with a LOOOOOOT of wiring and batteries and and and ~_~ *she echo's in the background "why cant you just get a normal radio like everyone else"*

this all still being held up at D&B's right? i got like 4000 of them credits to spend in the gift shop (^_^)

I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THAT POTHOLE IS!!!!!!! Tried to swallow my Mustang.

Unless the cars going to be a trailered show car, I don't recommend doing the steering wheel airbag to TV swap - Illinois cops love ticketing for that. Boy do I know...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imag...0a106c10cf.jpg

Plus I'm almost used to Chicago drivers and you'll need that airbag sooner than later

Got this pic published in the Cadillac Forums calendar (I'm June)!!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imag...0a10663152.jpg

Also got my summer wheels on and on my initial test drive I blew out the silicone protecting the spokes on both front wheels.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imag...41b9f900b9.jpg

Back to the factory they go. Maybe next month. So I have to limp to the St Louis Meet with three spokes and a factory wheel.

Comment

I just checked my schedule, the 27th is my first of 3 days off so tired as i may be, ill try like hell to get up there, hopefull i can organize all these parts and have them installed and somewhat operational by then, i still need to acquire 4x8 sheet of polycarbonate to mount the subs.... 266 bucks and a trip up to a distro by ohare, some cutting sanding and polishing and sure sounds easy on paper... ^_^

OH btw... heres a pic of the pothole and what it did to my car:
                              http://www.geocities.com/minddrive_r...05-08_0806.jpg
                              http://www.geocities.com/minddrive_r...05-08_0820.jpg
                              http://www.geocities.com/minddrive_r...05-08_0838.jpg

for those who cant tell what the 3rd pic is, its the knuckle that the left rear strut sits in, and its 'blown up', the grade 8 or whatever bolt shattered, all i have left of it is the head, the nut and rest of the bolt prolly found their way into someones radiator
                              98 Chevy Astro AWD

1969 Cadillac Deville

2009 HHR LS.... DEAD PROJECT!!

'97 Seville STS - SOLD ~_~

Comment

Working...
                              X