X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Monthly Chicago Meets

Next Meet: Sunday afternoon (1:00pm and on), September 25th, 2011

Location Details:
    Busse Woods Grove 18, off Higgins Road in Schaumburg. There's easy access from both 90 and 290. For those wanting a map, google maps. We drift around depending on what parking is available, so just keep an eye out for us. The regular cars to watch for are a white Pontiac Vibe with a MP3Car banner or a black VW Passat with a badgeless grill.

About the Meets:
    For those unfamiliar with the Chicago meets, everyone is welcome, regardless of whether you have a system installed or not. It's a super informal event, come when you can, leave when you have to. It's a chance to show up and shoot the **** with car PC enthusiasts. A chance to check out one anther's installs, bounce ideas off each other, you get the idea. Busse Woods is a forest preserve, so we're outside without shelter, so plan accordingly. We've generally got a small propane grill on hand, and everyone generally shows up with random food related items. If you have a taste for something, grilled or otherwise, bring it along, otherwise just show up. We're generally there from early afternoon (1 PM) until they kick us out at dusk.

General Meet Schedule:
    The general schedule is a meet on the last Sunday of every month. This is subject to change, so be sure to check in.

This post will be updated as the year progresses.
    Last edited by MP3DUB; 08-31-2011, 04:51 AM.
    -Nick

Ok, input time. Our typical meeting date would be the 26th, but Giz has said that he can't make it that weekend. Any objections to the 19th?
    -Nick

Comment

Sounds good to me.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Werks fer me, and I have a small change to show.
        Aron
        New Ipad
        Zapco DSP-6SL
        Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
        Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
        Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

Originally posted by boomintrac View Post
          Werks fer me, and I have a small change to show.
          Aron
          Now I'm worried. Have you ever done anything "small?"
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

out

I work the 19th, so I won't be here this time.

Comment

You know its a damn shame that its cheaper for me to attend the D.C. meet than the Chicago meet.

Comment

i think i can make it to this meet and should have my truck done or least good enough for a road trip

Comment

I'll try to be there. But I have a big change to show.
                  Peese

Comment

Originally posted by pcfreak View Post
                    I'll try to be there. But I have a big change to show.
                    I hear your change is rather significant. I've been working on the Passat the last few weekends, nothing as earth shattering as your change, but it's keeping me busy:

Car doesn't seem to like not having HVAC controls, was complaining to high heaven when I started it up to put it in the garage. Then again, considering VW decided that there need to be 10 screws holding the HVAC controls in, it shouldn't be surprising.
                    -Nick

Comment

Thanks for the email boomintrac!!

I have a little bit of bad news.....................

Im computerless from now on. Its a fun hobby but a little too much time consuming and there was always something to fix/update/rewire or whatever.

I just recently got a Kenwood DNX8120 to replace the computer. I love it. it does just what I need it too do and no bugs.

I love the car PC project but as I said, It was always something with it. plus it doesnt work well in the winter.

I hope to attend a few meets this year though. Its always a good time!!!
                      2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

Comment

Might make it, car is a constant work in progress though so It is pretty rough as it is now.
                        New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                        New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                        "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

i doubt ill be able to make it this time... would like to attend the first one of the year but scheduling might prevent it ~_~

i too have some new mods to show off (some of which are logged for the STS)

seems like its been a great "off season" for everyone to bring new stuff to the table
                          98 Chevy Astro AWD

1969 Cadillac Deville

2009 HHR LS.... DEAD PROJECT!!

'97 Seville STS - SOLD ~_~

Comment

Originally posted by MindDrive View Post
                            i doubt ill be able to make it this time... would like to attend the first one of the year but scheduling might prevent it ~_~

i too have some new mods to show off (some of which are logged for the STS)

seems like its been a great "off season" for everyone to bring new stuff to the table
                            I guess I'll leave the Caddy at home then.

Comment

oh now youre challenging me :P ROFL!!! bring your caddy... even if its for 15 minutes ill be there :P HAHAHAH

... btw any chance theres going to be any mp3car.com window stickers available? the last one i had got washed out in the trunk (i lost everything in the trunk due to a leaking rear window)
                              98 Chevy Astro AWD

1969 Cadillac Deville

2009 HHR LS.... DEAD PROJECT!!

'97 Seville STS - SOLD ~_~

Comment

Working...
                              X