Possible New Meeting Place in Central Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Meeting Place in Central Illinois

Hey all, I am a Technology and internet manager at Jeff Perry Buick Ponitac GMC Cadillac and am an avid forum reader. I would love to have a get together at my dealership sometime. We are located in Peru Illinois directly off I-80. I understand that this is a far haul for some of our members, but this would be a middle point for some a lot of the midwestern people such as St. Louis/Iowa/Chicago/Peoria/Bloomington/Indiana members. If there would be any interest, we could set a date to all meet at the dealer. There would be plenty of space for all, we could show off our Car PC and audio systems, no worry of sound police, cook out, hang out, and just have a great time! Our website is jeffperrygm.com. I could add a page for car pc buffs onto our website with pics and video/audio clips of the event. This would be fun for all! We may even have the option of getting radio and tv coverage if this gets big enough. The dealer is very progressive and loves the aftermarket and car show scene in my area.
    Anyone interested?

GET OUTTA HERE!!!! Hell yea I'm interested, thats only 45 min from me. Im from Sterling
    Aron
    New Ipad
    Zapco DSP-6SL
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
    Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

Nice website. Maybe join us in St Louis or Chicago and bring it up there.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Give me enough warning, and I'll make a road trip from Cincinnati.

Comment

With the possibility of having 3 IL meets mabye we should think about rotating locations, it might bring in more attendance to various meets. Just a thought! Id put money that the Giz would show up, mainly because he is the most diehard MP3er when it comes to meets.
          Aron
          New Ipad
          Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

Originally posted by boomintrac View Post
            With the possibility of having 3 IL meets maybe we should think about rotating locations, it might bring in more attendance to various meets. Just a thought! Id put money that the Giz would show up, mainly because he is the most diehard MP3er when it comes to meets.
            Aron
            Thanks, but I'll save "DieHard" for after a couple more D.C. meets and then the infamous Florida meet this summer... then I'll go for the westcoast.

Rotating might work for you guys locally in Chicago, but other than you, I doubt anyone else wants to drive 5hrs, party 5hrs, then drive back 5hrs. And my group needs to rebuild this year. My regulars all moved to Texas or other foreign lands. Folks here don't RSVP and aren't regulars here on MP3Car. I either have to bribe them with food or promise to bring the SawZaw and duct tape.

Originally posted by bemenaker View Post
            Give me enough warning, and I'll make a road trip from Cincinnati.
            The 19 April Chicago meet has been published since 19 Mar, the 18 April St Louis meet was posted 12 Mar, and the Minnesota boys are still shoveling snow.
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Dont forget the hammer
              New Ipad
              Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

1.5hrs for me. If it was going to be in the summer with enough advanced notice I 'd consider it. Will your dealership still be around by then?
                System always under construction

Comment

Dealership

Yeah, our dealership is up 15% over last years sales. Like I said, we are a progressive dealer and are willing to do new things unlike some old school GM dealers.
                  We didn't sign up for the recession.

Comment

Originally posted by durwood View Post
                    1.5hrs for me. If it was going to be in the summer with enough advanced notice I 'd consider it. Will your dealership still be around by then?
                    PHHHHHHHH! 1.5hr you know you would want to come down.

If you still want to set this up Im game but it would have to be in addition to the Chicago meet as that is our original stomping ground and where the most people are local to.
                    Aron
                    New Ipad
                    Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

Subscribing to see where this goes. Located in Bloomington so only an hour away.
                      openMobile - Download
                      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

I'm sure you could drag a number of the Chicago regular's down there, just pick a date, I know I'd be in for the drive.
                        -Nick

Comment

I'll plug it in the St Louis meet thread, too. Seems most of us are from the Illinois side of the river anyway.

Comment

It's about 5 hrs for me. If it is a large enough event then I'll be there.
                            Lilliput EBY701, M2-ATX, Intel 1.8 GHz, 1GB Ram, 160 GB 2.5 hard drive, Centrafuse, Garmin Mobile PC, GlobalSat BU-353.
                            My 2000 Saturn SL2 Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by skeet2331 View Post
                              It's about 5 hrs for me. If it is a large enough event then I'll be there.
                              I think I'll be in your neighborhood this weekend for Pole Day at Indy. Supposed to go to Dallas or Rochester, but the forecast for both is Thunderstorms. I don't mind Chicago in the rain cause I know the place... I'm not going anywhere new with bad weather.

So since I can't go to the race this year (Digital UK Meet), I'll just have to settle for Pole Day.

Comment

Working...
                              X