• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston TX? Anyone here? =)

Just checkin...

Yeah, I'm from Dallas

HID Kits Info

Comment

I live in Temple and would be down for a meet somewhere to see what others are up to with their CarPC. I no that this is my first post but I am what they would call a Forum lurker.

Comment

I just moved to Houston. I had a car pc a couple years ago but since then I have switched cars. I am thinking about resurrecting the project again, this time with new ideas

Comment

Austin here I am in the process of building a a pc. I am in H-Town a lot.

Comment

Close enough.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally from the northside. I'm in the Rio Grande Valley now
              2009 Chrysler 300 - Worklog
              Intel BOXD945GCLF2D Intel Atom processor 330 Intel 945GC Mini ITX
              2 gigs of RAM
              250 gig laptop drive
              M2-ATX
              VoomPC-2 Enclosure
              Lilliput 629GL-70NP

Comment

I am from Galveston. I would love to meet some others and see the installs.
                Car PC Status
                --[-----------]

Can Someone kick me to get me motivated to start cutting up my truck

Vehicle- 2006 Ford F250 FX4 King Ranch Crew Cab Black on Tan with a Bank's Power 6.0

Comment

im down in corpus now, had a complete system in my 01 Jetta which I sold in May of 2008. Changed cars and am about to buy another VW Jetta, so thinking about resurrecting a carPC

Comment

I'm in North Houston (Humble/Kingwood area). I just installed a new carputer. Still ironing out some wrinkles.....

Comment

Sugar Land (SW Houston) here... no pc in the car just yet. it's amazing how having a kid siphons away all your free time (and money!)

i have the parts collected, just sitting in my office... i just need to load software, mount everything and wire it in. you could say i haven't even started, but i DID install w3bm4ster's turn-on module (well, my version of it) into a laptop docking station. really all i need to do is load up the laptop, mount the dock in the car and drive... i'm not sure i'll have a display though - i don't have gps, and don't need/want to watch dvd/divx/etc in the car. I don't want to build K.I.T.T., just K.I.S.S.
                      Previous: CamryAmp 1.0 - 95 Camry SE V6 Coupe (sold)
                      Current: CamryAmp 2.0 - 98 Camry CE V6 5spd (still bench-testing)

Comment

My old stomping ground. I have most of the components too sitting here at my office. I was going to use an old bricked laptop and decided to start from scratch. I have a dual core atom cpu w/ 2 gigs of ram. Touch screen, 1 Tb external, 2.5" 80 gig internal for OS Vista Ultimate, Antec mini skeleton. I am hoping to have the project done before the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                          My old stomping ground. I have most of the components too sitting here at my office. I was going to use an old bricked laptop and decided to start from scratch. I have a dual core atom cpu w/ 2 gigs of ram. Touch screen, 1 Tb external, 2.5" 80 gig internal for OS Vista Ultimate, Antec mini skeleton. I am hoping to have the project done before the summer.
                          sheesh a tb. i could back up every machine in my house and still have prolly half that drive free when i was done. of course, i'm looking into building a small nas box that will have at least 1tb of capacity in raid 1 or 5 configuration...

the laptop (with cracked screen) i'm using for the carputer is a dell inspiron 4000: p3/650, 256mb, 40gb, and i have an old 7" lili touch that i might not even use - i don't really NEED a display just for mp3s. gonna run xp pro and strip it back as much as i can to keep it quick. i found that auto-hibernate tool, which is perfect for me (or it sounds that way at least), so that will be my shut-down solution.
                          Previous: CamryAmp 1.0 - 95 Camry SE V6 Coupe (sold)
                          Current: CamryAmp 2.0 - 98 Camry CE V6 5spd (still bench-testing)

Comment

I am all over town with design projects and DJ electronic music so the TB will be more useful outside the truck than in. My Laptop also broken screen is an old dell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibson99 View Post
                              Sugar Land (SW Houston) here... no pc in the car just yet. it's amazing how having a kid siphons away all your free time (and money!)

i have the parts collected, just sitting in my office... i just need to load software, mount everything and wire it in. you could say i haven't even started, but i DID install w3bm4ster's turn-on module (well, my version of it) into a laptop docking station. really all i need to do is load up the laptop, mount the dock in the car and drive... i'm not sure i'll have a display though - i don't have gps, and don't need/want to watch dvd/divx/etc in the car. I don't want to build K.I.T.T., just K.I.S.S.
                              I work in Sugar Land! If you need any help installing, I did my other car. I am looking to resurrect my notes and replan a new one with my new car.

Comment

Working...
                              X