Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show off your car at the country's largest free Art Festival: Baltimore MD July 16-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show off your car at the country's largest free Art Festival: Baltimore MD July 16-18

Guys

A bunch of tech companies and mp3Car in Baltimore are launching a new technology event, Betascape , to go alongside an existing large free art festival called Artscape in Baltimore MD.

We are looking for people who want to have their cars as part of the show. We need at least one person each day to show their car, so you could do it for 1 day or all 3, up to you. But I need to guarantee that there is a car every day. You would need to bring your car in by I think 7 AM ish and you can only drive it out at 7pm ish. Basically, people would walk by and peek in your car and you would tell them a bit about it. This is a huge event with over 350,000 attendees.

If you are interested, can you post here and also post some links to photos of your car computer set up. If your car pc set up is basic, but the software is interesting, that is a great thing to show off as well.

thanks

Heather
    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

I'm in

Would like Saturday July 17th, will post photos of setup later. Here is link to the car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2742632

Comment

Ill probably be there, though my car is not nearly nice enough to show.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
        Ill probably be there, though my car is not nearly nice enough to show.
        Well...here is an additional thought. mp3Car the company cannot really show off their own goods, as we would then get into paying for sponsorship. I could see about arranging a table for people to show off the stuff they have created. Something to think about.

Everything would have to be homebrew. This would go great along side the hackerspace group.

Anyone else interested in showing their car to hundreds of thousands of people?

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Comment

Hmm this sounds fun. I'll have to check to see when my vacation is scheduled for this year. I will probably be there to display my car saturday and sunday. Will confirm for sure by tomorrow night.
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            Hmm this sounds fun. I'll have to check to see when my vacation is scheduled for this year. I will probably be there to display my car saturday and sunday. Will confirm for sure by tomorrow night.
            It would be excellent if we could include your car. I have wanted to make this happen for over two years!

Comment

I will check the calendar but by then I should have everything back together and would be good with doing one day

Comment

Heather,

I'd be interested in this. Sounds like fun and it's semi-local. My wife might even enjoy the "artsy" stuff at the show.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ble-carpc.html
                2003 Lexus SC430 - Black with Ecru. VaisTech & NavTool with Centrafuse integrated into factory nav screen (hands-free Bluetooth, Voice Command, mp3's, videos, HD Radio, Sirius Sat. radio, DVD, Internet, & digital gauges (via OBD-II)), & LuxLink module.

Comment

I'm conformed for Saturday and Sunday. I'll need to find a nice hotel in the area cause I'm not driving up for both days.

Comment

I might be tempted to bring the UAV down, always wanted to do a show in Baltimore.
                    "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

Comment

gettin close people. Who's showing up ?

Comment

im thinking a bout it.
                        i actually forgot the date, its actually VERY soon!

my setup isnt fancy, its a just basic. lol

doubt they would go banana's over it.
                        trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

Heather,

Do we have some concrete info on this yet?

When to show up? and where?

Do the "presenters" need to have a semi-scripted demo planned, or are we just hanging out with the cars and answering any questions that might come up?
                          2003 Lexus SC430 - Black with Ecru. VaisTech & NavTool with Centrafuse integrated into factory nav screen (hands-free Bluetooth, Voice Command, mp3's, videos, HD Radio, Sirius Sat. radio, DVD, Internet, & digital gauges (via OBD-II)), & LuxLink module.

Comment

Wow this did sneak up. Guess I better get that M2-atx ordered really quick. Since everything else is set up it would help if I had power.

Heather, Who is actually in?

Comment

As of my convo with Heather the other day it looks like there wont be any sort of Mp3car "grouping" at this event. Perhaps next year though.

I'm still coming up on saturday though just to see the art portion and to find something to do around the inner harbor

Comment

Working...
                              X