Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFK Fest 2010 Speaker Series Thread - DO you want to talk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK Fest 2010 Speaker Series Thread - DO you want to talk?

Hey

I'd like to pull together 4-8 talks that are 5-15 minutes each on a wide range of topics. Who is interested in speaking and also, what are some topics that we want to hear about?

Sign up for Tickets - this will be a limited ticketing because we only have so much space in the conference room.
    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Heather,

Me and Kev could talk about the OSDash project.

Comment

I could probably do a topic or two....just need some ideas

on a side note:
      How bout some kind of year in review for everything thats happened since the last afkfest? Everything from the auto industry (kia+ford's new systems), to new hardware (ipad, other tablets,mp3car's hd radio, etc.) to software (new front ends) to stuff that happened on the forums.
      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
      - Always Recruiting Developers -
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post

How bout some kind of year in review for everything thats happened since the last afkfest? Everything from the auto industry (kia+ford's new systems), to new hardware (ipad, other tablets,mp3car's hd radio, etc.) to software (new front ends) to stuff that happened on the forums.
        I like this idea. Doesnt have to be long, maybe a few minutes on each category: hardware, front-end, software, auto industry...

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
          I could probably do a topic or two....just need some ideas

on a side note:

Good idea - the best would be to break it down and have different people present on different topics. ANyone interested in doing 5 minutes on one of these?

hardware,
          front-end,
          software,
          auto industry.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Comment

I could do any of the 4...so whichever one no one else wants i'll take (or i can do more then one if you need).

Comment

Bump.....anyone at least want to split it?

Comment

5 minutes really isn't long enough to capture some of these interesting topics. I say have justchat_1 do 30 minutes on "what's new in the carpc world this year" .
                Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by tripzero View Post
                  5 minutes really isn't long enough to capture some of these interesting topics. I say have justchat_1 do 30 minutes on "what's new in the carpc world this year" .
                  Cool, just_chat...can i put you down for 30 mins on "what's new in the carpc world this year"

Edit..you're added

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                    Cool, just_chat...can i put you down for 30 mins on "what's new in the carpc world this year"

Edit..you're added
                    Missed the reply here...yup I can do all 30

Bumping in case anyone wants to take a section (I certainly wouldn't mind the break).

Comment

I'll do something. Maybe a 'future vision of mobile computing' piece.
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
                        I'll do something. Maybe a 'future vision of mobile computing' piece.
                        Wouldn't that be a little opinionated? (i'm guessing you would discuss the connected car route?)

Comment

Of course it would be opinionated. That's why it's called a vision.
                          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                          Want to:
                          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
                            Of course it would be opinionated. That's why it's called a vision.
                            And if they can't find enough speakers, perhaps opening a discussion panel after your presentation might be informative, see what the attending community thinks?
                            "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                            RevFE
                            My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                              And if they can't find enough speakers, perhaps opening a discussion panel after your presentation might be informative, see what the attending community thinks?
                              +1 ...that'd be cool
                              Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                              Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                              Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X