AFKFest 2012!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFKFest 2012!

Seriously guys, we kinda dropped the ball on this. Let's make it happen!
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

I was wearing my afkfest 2010 t-shirt and it made me search for afkfest 2012. This is the first thread that came up. I hope there is one this year, I couldn't make last year.
    My carputer project

Comment

I still wear my AFKFest shirt occasionally. I have a feeling if we don't make it happen... it won't happen. I'll ping Rob and see if we can use his parking lot. Even if we don't have a speaker series, I think having a car show with a contest and maybe some snacks/drinks would be really fun.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

I'm down.
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
          I'm down.
          Bull****
          RevFE
          My Shop

Comment

We'll fund burgers, dogs & drinks if you guys want to plan it. This year has just been nuts. Sorry we can't take the lead. Anyone want to take the lead on this? I'm free anytime after August 29th.

Comment

Whatever you guys ultimately do, I'll show up! I had loads of fun the last two years (especially 2010) and I too wear my AFkfest 2010 T-short as a reminder of the community I got involved with.
              Even if we just talk hot dogs and show off our rides all day. Let's get AFK2012 going!!
              All systems are a go...
              Currently in "tweaking" mode.

The Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptic View Post
                We'll fund burgers, dogs & drinks if you guys want to plan it. This year has just been nuts. Sorry we can't take the lead. Anyone want to take the lead on this? I'm free anytime after August 29th.
                That's what I was hoping to hear! I'll take the lead if nobody else will, though I don't even have a carpc anymore, I just like looking at the possibilities I missed out on in other cars
                RevFE
                My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                  That's what I was hoping to hear! I'll take the lead if nobody else will, though I don't even have a carpc anymore, I just like looking at the possibilities I missed out on in other cars
                  We can use our parking garage as a rain spot or one of the local parks if the weather is nice.

Comment

I'm down to help organize!
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

We need a Florida edition
                      The low budget model ! 2005 F-150
                      -
                      • -Custom fiberglass console, CB,Interfaced OBDII
                      • -In-dash multimedia w/ bluetooth
                      • -Piconet PAN & Wifi Edge internet
                      • -Advantech relay board, Pololu microcontrollers w/servos
                      • -Embedded Axim palmtop w/backup GPS

Comment

I want to be there.
                        CarPc
                        Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

Where would AFKFest take place? Could I get a link to one of the previous ones or to pictures from the event? I would love to go to any sort of 'carPC event' if its not more than 5 hours from home lol.
                          "It's not worth having if you can't customize it"

Comment

Originally posted by duncanator24 View Post
                            Where would AFKFest take place? Could I get a link to one of the previous ones or to pictures from the event? I would love to go to any sort of 'carPC event' if its not more than 5 hours from home lol.
                            Last years was in Baltimore. I believe thats where they are generally held b/c MP3Car HQ is there. Also, interested in attending.

Comment

I was wondering if AFKFest was happening this year. I've searched a few times on here and never found anything one way or the other. I'm in!
                              Steve

VIN 02650 "Project Delorean"

http://www.projectdelorean.com

or on CarDomain at:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2448292

Comment

Working...
                              X