Bay Area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area?

Anyone in the bay area? Am wanting to start up a project and was looking for some local resources.

bay area here.... my car computer is out of the car at the moment due to the fact that i'm dyeing the interior of my car and had to pull everything out.

there's been talk of a meet around here in the past, but nothing's come up
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

I don't have much to show at the moment, but I'm always up for a trip down to the bay area.

Comment

I wish you people would give cities and states! What is the Bay Area?

Comment

If you don't know where the Bay Area is, you're not in it.

San Francisco Bay Area.

I'm in SF.
          Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
          Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

Ashlawn Kemling
            you work for NNS Software?

I'm in marin county... live in San Rafael
            Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Lets meet =)

I live in Fremont, (North of San Jose and South of Oakland,) I'm really interested in this Carputer stuff... you guys want to plan a meet? I live in the heart of the Silicon Valley (supposedly) and we should meet somewhere in the bay, perhaps at some big location or something
              52-hit-combo?! Is that really necessary?

Comment

I'm in San Jose. I'd be down for a meet. My mp3car has been up and running for a couple years now.
                HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

Comment

Fremont

I'm in Fremont. I want to build a Carputer in the next month or so for a Mitsubishi Diamante 93 or 94.

I'd meet up as well anywhere in the Bay Area if someone had an idea of when and where to meet. I'd be willing to start a local website for the Bay Area if anyone wanted to start posting meetings, information, and pictures of their work. I have yet to find a Real good site that explains this stuff and I'm thinking maybe I can do it if everyone pitches in their information on the ups and downs and how to's for their systems.

If anyone has some time to show me the ropes I'd appreciate it.

Never took on a project like this and want to do it from scratch. Want GPS, MP3, and a touch screen with voice control. Don't want to pay above a $1100 to do so though and preferably less. Sounds like I might be in for some frustration.

Anyone in the Bay Area with knowledge willing to train/assist me for some cash? Experienced only need apply.

Or any "Very Good" websites that show how it's done?

Call me if you want to meet up.

925-594-0777
                  John Perkins email: [email protected]

Comment

Union City Krispy Kreme parking lot usually works for meets.. fyi

Comment

umm krispy kreme I dont have anything bought installed ect but i down for a meet im up by vallejo

Comment

lol... look at us flaky californians, we're never gonna have a meet

Comment

Working...
                        X