Chi-ca-go... anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi-ca-go... anyone?

I noticed quite a few guys are from around here. Plus, Columbus, OH and Michigan ain't too far. I'd personally love to see some of the setups and talk over ideas, since I'm at a critical juncture of getting ready to install. I also have a lot of spare parts I'd like to sell.

And just think...

Ya might get to see the Cubbies win a pennant!!! (for once in a century)
    "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"

VIA M-9000, C-134, 256 Mb, DVD-CD/RW, 60 Gb, XM-PCR Sat Radio, Linksys 802.11b, Street Atlas GPS, ReplacePCR XM s/w, Blaupunkt HU, Sony XPlode 5 ch/amp, Liliput 7" VGA

The only problem with chicago meets (besides the fact no one likes to show up ) is that theres a 6 month window, otherwise we're gonna be hypothermic after staring at cars for a few hours. But im up for one (if you search, you'll see that I've "organized" (in the loosest meaning of the term ) two before, hit up some of those people to see if they want to meet up again).
    -Nick

Comment

There has been a lot of recent membership growth on this forum, so lets try again. Plenty of time to plan for a spring meet right now, and I'll be there.
      Fabricator

Comment

I'm up for one, Hopefully by spring time i'll have my setu done. but regardless i'll show up. If u need some places to organize this let me know as well.
        My Sounddomain.com site

Comment

chicago outing !!!!

if we can shoot for spring would be good .
          work as a tech at a napperville new car dealer--bet i could use the back lot there , and if not am on very good terms with some other owners in aurora, downers grove and west chicago/wheaton. so let me know.
          then we can get a e-mail list going ,get a date and place set up for this spring....

larry
          [email protected]

Comment

I am in spring too or for that matter any meet as long as it's not in the middle of april. I have a SVX meet in PA.

I am redoing my car at the moment and the car that I am re-doing to needs a new differential at the same time as well. But the setup is transferable and is in my other car at the time.
            - Lwin M. Maung
            If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

I'm game pretty much any time as long there is a couple weeks notice. I'm in Schaumburg.
              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Busse Woods in Niles is where we usually hold Nissan meets. Good location.
                Fabricator

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat
                  Busse Woods in Niles is where we usually hold Nissan meets. Good location.
                  Yeah, thats where we've gotten together the past few times.
                  -Nick

Comment

Im In

Email Me And Let Me Know When And Where.

([email protected])

Comment

Originally posted by MP3DUB
                      The only problem with chicago meets (besides the fact no one likes to show up ) is that theres a 6 month window, otherwise we're gonna be hypothermic after staring at cars for a few hours. But im up for one (if you search, you'll see that I've "organized" (in the loosest meaning of the term ) two before, hit up some of those people to see if they want to meet up again).
                      Im going to pop my head in here after 2 years of absence and say: "Hey, I drove my *** all the way from Detroit!" The hardcore guys show up Thus, Ive never been to one since

BTW, I think MP3DUB should be a Moderator.
                      I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

Originally posted by PoBoy
                        Im going to pop my head in here after 2 years of absence and say: "Hey, I drove my *** all the way from Detroit!" The hardcore guys show up Thus, Ive never been to one since

BTW, I think MP3DUB should be a Moderator.

Yeah, long time no see ya bum . And why stop at moderator, how 'bout president of the universe .
                        -Nick

Comment

just moved to chi

i just moved to the chicago area from columbus, oh. What's with all the snow? hehe my carputer got stolen (luckily they only got a crappy emachine, but the IBM PS/1 monitor that fit perfectly was a big loss), and I'm working on getting one back together now. should be done by spring, and I'd be up for hanging out and checking other systems out. I'm out in Arlington Heights. Anyone have any suggestions for good places for mobile stuff? I need to get some sound dampening and a remote start and alarm installed and don't feel quite comfortable enough to do that. (I'm a computer guy that's slowly increasing his car knowledge) Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Thanks!

http://ed.hunsinger.org
                          If you see a blue CRV with an Ohio plate that says "GEEKED" say hi..
                          1997 Honda CR-V
                          Audio::Custom Speaker Box:/:2x10" Rockford Fosgates:/:Sony Xplod amp
                          Computer::Epia M10000:/:Deluo GPS:/:Lilliput 7":/:802.11g:/:In a shoebox
                          Software::FrodoPlayer + Destinator3

Comment

Almost spring bump! And I'm just north of Chicago, so it'd be a bit of a haul for you, but Mobile One Inc in glenview (http://www.mobileoneinc.com/) are good people. I'm on all factory equipement besides the car pc, so I can't speak first hand, but the autosound stuff I've seen him do is good stuff.
                            -Nick

Comment

Working...
                            X