Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First UK CarPC Games !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The First UK CarPC Games !

    OK, I've hit on this idea - me and dave do quite a bit of geocaching which is like an outdoor game with portable GPS units, ( www.geocaching.com/faq )
    Was wondering if we combined a meet with a sort of GPS game for carPC's -it would involve a bit of puzzle solving, GPS nav + driving

    Anyone up for this? If so i'll see how exactly we'd work it and minimum system "specs"
    Think the sport could take off? lol

    James
    www.digital-car.co.uk - The UK CarPC Forum

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jamez_Warner
    OK, I've hit on this idea - me and dave do quite a bit of geocaching which is like an outdoor game with portable GPS units, ( www.geocaching.com/faq )
    Was wondering if we combined a meet with a sort of GPS game for carPC's -it would involve a bit of puzzle solving, GPS nav + driving

    Anyone up for this? If so i'll see how exactly we'd work it and minimum system "specs"
    Think the sport could take off? lol

    James
    Sounds like a laugh to me. Could also be useful for that Channel 5 thing you were on about.

    There needs to be something to make it Car PC specific - else anyone with sat nav in their '3-series' would be just as good, lol
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

    Comment


    • #3
      And I thought you were planning a multiplayer car PC fragfest at one of the meets.

      Everyone load Half-life on their Car PC, I've got a 16 port Hub in the boot at the moment, and an inverter to run it.

      Comment


      • #4
        lol what about multiplayer racing games - virtual street racing meets real street racing everyone racing at a track from their drivers seat with cat5 connecting em together

        haha
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

        Comment


        • #5
          rofl - now your thinking - an outdoor frag fest, GPS games, and a meet
          www.digital-car.co.uk - The UK CarPC Forum

          Comment


          • #6
            what about wlan down round the M25 with the passengers having a fragfest? Commuting meets pro-gaming - Could catch on!
            Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
            Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

            Comment


            • #7
              How about this, a game that times your transit between various points on the freeway and periodically uploads it to a server that has a scoreboard. A bunch of y'all in england might use the M23 (or whatever you call it) to take the same stretch of road between South Gloucestire and the Bogtoggles burrough of London, and whoever has the fastest transit through there (as measured by GPS) wins. We could do the same in LA with certain stretches of the 405 or 10, for example.
              Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
              http://hallert.net/

              Comment


              • #9
                It's worth buying a transit just to house your carputer, you could run a mobile data centre service or (as I would prolly wanna do) have a load of PCs in the back just like the spy vans in the movies with a rotating satellite on the back lol
                Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

                Comment


                • #10
                  LMAO...

                  well sheeeeet, now ya'll are makin me wish i lived in the UK, sounds fun =)
                  2000 Jeep Cherokee
                  -CarPC: [_____]50% complete
                  -planning done, still need a few parts
                  -In-dash motorized VGA is finally out, need $$$
                  -Need to replace factory HU

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    What about doing this....

                    Originally posted by stevieg
                    what about wlan down round the M25 with the passengers having a fragfest? Commuting meets pro-gaming - Could catch on!
                    While doing this....

                    Originally posted by Chairboy
                    How about this, a game that times your transit between various points on the freeway and periodically uploads it to a server that has a scoreboard. A bunch of y'all in england might use the M23 (or whatever you call it) to take the same stretch of road between South Gloucestire and the Bogtoggles burrough of London, and whoever has the fastest transit through there (as measured by GPS) wins. We could do the same in LA with certain stretches of the 405 or 10, for example.


                    Terran ( Just a bit of humer )
                    My Project Site

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X