Seattle Area Meet Saturday, July 17th at noon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Area Meet Saturday, July 17th at noon

Ok, looks like we are going to try and squeeze in one last meet before the weather heads south. We are going to meet Saturday, September 25th at noon in the huge vacant parking lot directly to the north of Fry's electronics in Renton. It is easy to get to, gives us large ammounts of space to work in and we can always catch a bite to eat or buy parts at Fry's. Please contact me if you need directions.

[email protected]
    425-443-7070
    icq#3079665
    http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/CarPuter

Echo?

Bueller? Bueller?

I see 10 page views but not a single reply...

Comment

I will reply....June is probably a little too soon for me, as we just bought a house and will be moving in on the 19th of June...

I could maybe do July sometime...
      OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
      www.whipflash.com
      Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Just a thought, anyway we might be able to get the 2 groups/meets together for 1 big meet??

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=216665
        OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
        www.whipflash.com
        Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

I'm good to go mid-July. My car won't be ready until then.
          1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Too Rushed

I don't want to rush people with the planning, so lets move the tentative date to sometime mid-july.

Comment

Mid July sounds good. Although next weekend is also acceptable.
              I'll go, just pick a place.

I might bring a friend of mine over. He desperately wants to have a computer in his car, but he's too lazy. I just thought he might get some motivation if he sees other cool carputers work
              00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
              Newest install - my quickest ever
              My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
              My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

I would be interested in meeting others in the Seattle area. I finished my project a while ago and recently tried an upgrade that has been more problem than anything, currently semi-operational but want to check it all out.

Ryan

http://customcarpc.dreamhost.com/
                (Site is outdated a bit, system hasn't changed much)
                New site at
                http://customcarpc.dreamhost.com

http://home.attbi.com/~rbarr110

2002 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab

Comment

So..
                  Shall we pick a date?
                  I'd really like to see a live $300 touchscreen LCD in a car and show off my low budget system which costs 1/2 that of a lilly screen

I'm available all summer long (unless I get a decent job, heh) so any date should work

Comment

Ok, since nothing ever gets done in a democracy, I am going to declare Saturday, July 17th at noon the date for the next Seattle meet and greet. I suggest we meet in the huge vacant Boeing parking lot next to Fry's electronics in Renton. It is easy to get to, gives us large ammounts of space to work in and we can always catch a bite to eat or buy parts at Fry's.

Comment

Well, sounds good.
                      Would be nice to have an address since I won't be able to get there without a GPS.

BTW, why Renton? Maybe we should go to Seattle itself? I know there is this parking issue, but I'm sure all of us can afford $3 for a 4-hour parking permit? There are also quite a few places to eat and we can take some nice shots with skyscrapers in the background.

Comment

I chose Fry's because:

- It is incredibly easy to get to (It is just 1 block off 405). I will post maps long before the time comes for those coming from out of the area.
                        - There is a huge vacant parking lot if someone wants to show off other aspects of their car's performance
                        - Fry's has it's own restaurant inside for food
                        - Fry's is the single biggest vendor of electronics in the Seattle area and carries a lot of parts related to car computing, stereo equipment, etc. I purchased probably 80% of the parts for my car computer there. If someone needs help upgrading/fixing something with their car, it is likely we can get it at Fry's. I was thinking of doing a demo of how to build a "tank circuit" and all the parts are available inside.

Comment

I look forward to another "Seattle" meet. I hope there are more people than last time that are interested in cars and puters to come and get together. Even so the last one was interesting and the conversation excellent.

In case you don’t know, the parking lot across the street from Fry’s is full of “Circus tents”. Not sure how long the "circus thing" will be going on. Don't know how long they have been there but they were in full swing when I was at Fry’s this afternoon. They were there last year for a while too. In any case the north end of Fry's parking lot is always empty. It is a huge parking lot.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.
                          Gary
                          ShuttleX SN41G2, AMD 3200+ Barton, PC2700-512, 200 gig Maxtor HD, Opus SFX-1215, 108Mbps WIFI, DVD+/-R+/-RW 4x40x24x40, 7" Lilliput Touch Screen, BU-303 GPS. [email protected]
                          My Homepage

Comment

Yeah, I was referring to the huge vacant parking lot directly to the north that is conjoined to Fry's lot. The lot across the street has been used by Cirque de Solei and now some horse show called Cavalia. As more and more Boeing stuff and related businesses move out of Renton I expect we will be seeing some rather creative land use

Comment

I don't have a carputer yet but I'm up for a meet
                              1995 Saturn SL2
                              Carputer removed.
                              Pioneer DEH-P880PRS head unit
                              Soundstream Rubicon 600-4 4 Chan Amp
                              Diamond Audio D661s components w/Active Crossovers
                              MB Quart RAA1000 monoblock amp
                              2 Alpine Type R 1041D 10"s

Comment

Working...
                              X